Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scentlock

Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scentlock

I personally do not think it is worth the money. I've never owned any, but I do hunt the wind and seem to kill deer without it.

I've read all of the stories about carbon clothing and have also read the accounts of chemical engineers saying that regeneration is not possible with a dryer. To me, the engineers word is worth more than Scent loks.

One thing that I have never heard anyone mention about carbon clothing is this. You go to Cabelas, Bass pro, or whereever its sold. It's hanging on every rack in the place. There are tons of people walking around it, touching it, trying some of it on, etc. If carbon is supposed to absorb oder, wouldn't I be buying a peice of clothing that was already "used"? Shouldn't the manufacturer seal the stuff in plastic?

I don't know. I know I will never buy the stuff personally.