Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

COMPLETELY AGGRAVATED

Old 04-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COMPLETELY AGGRAVATED

HANG IN THERE RACK!
Old 04-11-2003, 06:18 AM

Well, at least you' re not mad yet.

Put you a Power Drop on there and send that TT back. I shot a TT for a couple of weeks and although it shot well enough, I like the PD much better.

Good luck. You' ll get it figured out.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:11 AM

None of my usual smart ass Rack. Take it one piece of the puzzle at a time and youll Van Gogh this bad boy . Keep the faith.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:38 AM

Here' s the answer....Grab that coat rack shed you found and a nice bottle of your favorite " mood enhancer" and take a drink, rub the shed like your best lady friend, click your camo heels together 3 times and say " there' s no place like October, There' s no place like October!" Repeat the the drinking part as necessary!
Old 04-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off - at least 150 shots thru the TT and I am getting No where My fletchings look like an old ladies hair after a real bad perm, and my bow looks like the athletes foot police, Army division let loose on it. I could have solved the rubix cube, TWICE ,with the amount of combinations I have tried. TT Company has been great, but the thing just doesn’t work on my bow.
Chuck, I haven’t seen all the details of your problems but are you hooking up to the cable slide or the cable itself? Because there is so little travel in the slide, that might be causing a problem. If it’s on the cable and still giving you fits then I agree with Frank..pitch it.

Second off - The dam# bottom cam on my solo is now leaning and almost hitting the bottom limb I know, I know twist em up, twist them up, bla bla - 6 years with my feather Max 80 billion trillion shots later and still no lean.
Twist what up?, there is no harness on the bottom limb. Disappointing, yes, You’ve had some real bad luck…I’d be pissed too, but it is covered under your warranty.

third off - (Can you say that...third off..??....anyway) The cable guard and slides on my bow BLOW. There is NO clearance, I cannot shoot cock down or I am 1/8 inch into cable. The only choice is cock out - fine I can live with that - but not today, not now
I agree the slide does sit out a bit too far, however I’ve seen no problems with the rod itself. And I had no prob with my DC PAT with a cock feather up config with 4” vanes or feathers. A new slider should cure your problem.

fourth off - (no sense stopping the bad grammar now) I finally got my dually back....Set it at 70# and...You have to be kidding me. If any one can shoot that monster at 70# for a 60 arrow spot, and shoot at least a 15 on the last leg, I will kiss your feet. No wonder you are all buying 50-60 lb bows. I pulled it back twice and know I will have nightmares about that creep and that valley. I actually think I hate that bow, didn' t even take it home - on the rack, for sale, best offer
Honestly, whoever takes any 70 pound hard cam bow to a spot shoot and is serious about winning, is an idiot. There’s a reason all those spot shooters shoot 50 to 60 pound bows. I don’t think anyone would say the new dual cams are easy to draw. I’ve felt worse, I’ve felt better.

Fifth off - how hard is it to make a cam module????, Nevermind, I don' t need it anymore, its been so long, my arms have grown an inch since I bought the damn thing.
Not really hard at all for a CNC machine perhaps your dealer dropped the ball, cause to my knowledge they have been out for awhile.

sixth off - thanks for the cable adjusters - they work great
I’ve got a bow coming with these, care to elaborate so I know what to look for?

seventh off - sorry, but I miss my winners choice
Hmm..I agree the new O2 strings are not quite as good as WC, but I’ve found them much better than most everything else.

eigth off - what the f is up with these GT inserts, I had to run a dam# roll tap through them to screw any of my points on. No I take that back, one of them worked. Mental note to myself - make room for drill press in game room.
I’ve had this problem with Goldtip, Sattelite and Carbon Express brand inserts. It’s actually fairly common. Saunders and Easton inserts (And Easton inserts are supposedly made for them by Saunders) rarely have this problem.

ninth off - One million dollar reward to the first genious that invents a string loop that does not stretch. One dollar reward to the nice fellow the lets me know if one already exists
Like anything some materials are better than others. I’ve had virtually no problems with loop stretch other than for initial set-up stretch. Are you speaking about after the initial setup?

tenth off - 2 million dollar reward for the first genious to invent a plastic vane that does not curl up like a slug in salt after one hit on a rest. 2 dollar reward to the first person that slaps me for even buying them after 15 years of using feathers.
I’m a feather fan as well, but if you want extremely durable vanes you have to get away from the rubber types ala Duravanes, and AAE. Flex Fletch are very expensive and require a bit more care, but are far beyond other vanes in terms of durability and quality. Marco’s are a good second choice.

eleventh off - If you are going to leave the lipstick out where I can see it, don' t get bent out of shape because I ruined it. If you don' t intend it to be used by anyone other than yourself - PUT IT AWAY
Uhmm..OK…I assume you were using it to check for fletch clearance? Spray foot powder works better and won’t raise the eyebrows of all those reading your post

twelth off - F my proshop
I told you to where to go, but you didn’t listen! Seriously Chuck, I’d be more than happy to meet up with you and run ya by the shop, and try and help ya out.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:19 AM

i' m surprised you haven' t thrown it in the nearest river by now, i would have! hang in there it can only get better! but it usually gets worse first
Old 04-11-2003, 11:01 AM

WOW. I THINK YOU NEED A COLD BEER AND A BLUNT.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:03 AM

I dont know if that made you feel better but it sure made me feel good. [&:]
Other than that, hows your day going?

Vent man, vent. WE" re here for ya.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:03 AM

Wow I think I' ve got it figured out! I' ll let you know next month
Old 04-11-2003, 11:06 AM

Thanks for all the support

Some very funny replies, and just what I needed, I don' t have the time to reply to each, but I am feeling better now

Glad to see non of you took shots at a guy who was down on his luck

Just to clarify - I am 100% satisfied with the way my Single Pat shoots, and enjoy shooting it - It may very well be the bow I take in the woods with me - and that says alot.

Kind of just lost it last night

Going to forget about the rest thing for a few days. Just concentrate on scouting and take it easy

Thanks again

Quick Reply: COMPLETELY AGGRAVATED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.