Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

long range bow shooting

Old 01-07-2009, 03:07 PM

Default RE: long range bow shooting

ORIGINAL: TEmbry
Im just saying no way does a $20 fixed pin walmart sight have the capabilities to go from 20 to 100 yards. Maybe I am wrong in this?
look at my measurements, I would wounder to but I just do it

my bottom pin is 2inches above my arrow. so the top pin is ...................................... what ever I said the measurement was.

it is a tru glo ya know, not just a wally world special
Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to stay out of the fracas, but I have been meaning to mess around and see how far back I can get a pin for. From my house to the woods is 110 yds, the farthest I've shot is 65 yds. Maybe this spring when the weather breaks.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'm going to stay out of the fracas, but I have been meaning to mess around and see how far back I can get a pin for. From my house to the woods is 110 yds, the farthest I've shot is 65 yds. Maybe this spring when the weather breaks.

if you can shoot 65 yd then you can do 100yd.

think about it, there is not difference, you hold the pin steady squeeze the release then hit your target. some do it at 20yd there whole life others do it at 100 + or as the video posted 180yd +.

once the basics are solid then there is not limit to what the human can do
Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LRarcher

All I got out of this was that you are a nurse and you think you can fight, well lets see a video !!!!!!!! I don't believe your height or weight.

you have been a nurse your whole life, lets see the video !!!!

VIDEO !!!!!!!

I did not even read your post I have better things to do with my time, I do not intend to communicate with a male nurse any longer.

good by nurse betty

do not comment on here again.
That's fine just ask some of the guys that were at the NE GTG. Enjoy the embellishment....
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

There is nothing wrong with a little healthy debate, or people calling others out if the facts don't seem to mesh. It all makes for entertaining reading and who knows we might all learn something.

The only thing that bothers me about this thread is that anybody could think that OHbowhunter is less of a man, or deserves ridicule because he is a male nurse!
If anything this should show that he gives more to the community than many of us (certainly more than I) and that he is deserving of our thanks for his occupation!

Thanks OHbowhunter.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I shot the new non typical world record. I don't have any pictures because I know what I did[8D]
your in 10th grade, that is all that needs to be said.............................................. ...............................................

Nice one. I forgot how much 20 year olds know. Now I remember, thanks for reminding me . Pretty funny that you come on here, and in your first 2 days your getting in flame wars. "EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMBASSES BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME!".
I don't care what you think, even if it is that I'm just a 10th grader. You know why I don't care? BECAUSE IT'S THE INTERNET. It's a bunch of words, and pictures. That's all it really is to me. Hell, I wouldn't care what you thought of me in REAL LIFE. Nice try though, better luck next time.

A 10th grader that seems to be a rock solid kid, Rory, congrats on your World Record!
Thanks Joe, much appreciated

Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM

. Pretty funny that you come on here, and in your first 2 days your getting in flame wars. "EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMBASSES BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME!".
I don't care what you think, even if it is that I'm just a 10th grader. You know why I don't care? BECAUSE IT'S THE INTERNET. It's a bunch of words, and pictures. That's all it really is to me. Hell, I wouldn't care what you thought of me in REAL LIFE. Nice try though, better luck next time.

this is why your comments mean nothing to me, you have the whole view of things wrong, most likely do to over protections and being spoiled from your parents.

BTW -- I don't care either so it mutual, lets keep it at that

also good luck with making it to 11th grade
Old 01-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

. Pretty funny that you come on here, and in your first 2 days your getting in flame wars. "EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMBASSES BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME!".

this is why your comments mean nothing to me, you have the whole view of things wrong, most likely do to over protections and being spoiled from your parents.

BTW -- I don't care either so it mutual, lets keep it at that

also good luck with making it to 11th grade

You're right. I am spoiled. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate it or realize how good I have it. As for over protections, depends on what you think "over protections" are.

You go ahead and keep it at that. Or if you don't wanna see me here ever again, just hit that little red hand under this post

Also, thanks for wishing me good luck

Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow. the way a new guy gets ratpacked around here, it's a wonder there's ANY new members
Old 01-07-2009, 05:20 PM

As for over protections, depends on what you think "over protections" are.

well do you have a cell phone ? do you pay for it ?

do you work ( steady, part time, BTW-- parental chores do NOT count ) ?

did you buy any of your hunting equipment if so where did you get the moneys form ?

Quick Reply: long range bow shooting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.