Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

long range bow shooting

Old 01-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: long range bow shooting

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

According to some 15 second calculations I did, a .029 sight pin would cover a circle over 3.5" in diameter at 100 yards....anyone in the know, does this sound right? That means you couldn't even see a baseball behind your pin.....you could just barely see a grapefruit around your pin.
That sounds about right. I couldnt imagine using a .029 pin to shoot that distance[:'(]

It really isnt that bad shooting distance with my slider setup and everything on teh bow. I can easily shoot and hit the target well. Not any type of grouping or anything but its not bad to shoot that far.

One of my buddies shot a phone book at 100yds before. He was just using a cheaply setup reflex bow. He did miss about ten times though[:-]
Old 01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Thanks LRarcher, I do shoot 100 yardsfrom time to time....Only when I've had a few to many[8D].....But I have to stack mypin's (20 trough 60 yard's)to do itand I do good to hit a 3 foot by 3 foot target.[8D]

You drink,I would have never guessed.[8D]
Yes I do TFOX. I come from a long line, to some "Cooper head road"was a good song.......... To someit was away of life.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

From the way I understand it,that road is in cumberland and you need a 4 wheel drive to get down it.Friend of mine had an army buddy from there,so you know how those stories can go.

100# of yeast and some copper line.Everybody knew that he made KOOLAID.[8D]
Old 01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yap, they left out the, 100# of sugar, 500# of corn and a few other small details to get 50 gallon of 100 proof part.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 AM

According to some 15 second calculations I did, a .029 sight pin would cover a circle over 3.5" in diameter at 100 yards....anyone in the know, does this sound right? That means you couldn't even see a baseball behind your pin.....you could just barely see a grapefruit around your pin.

well you 15 calculations are off, I have spoken on the topic enough, today I shoot any way.

So I will be wearing a big grin when I hear that can crush at 100yd.

good luck to all who DARE to venture past 20yd[8D]
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe this has turned out like it did.. Well I tried to get you to arm wrestle.. That didn't work.. But i know what will!!!

YOUTUBE!

I do not doubt you. I am just tired of people pulling the I have been on hear longer than you crap! I would rather you just armwestle.. Sounds like fun
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LRarcher

well you 15 calculations are off, I have spoken on the topic enough, today I shoot any way.

So I will be wearing a big grin when I hear that can crush at 10yd.

good luck to all who DARE to venture past 20yd[8D]
Actually you are correct for once!!!!! Because with your set-up, your eye would be only about 30" from the .029 pin, and going on that figure, the pin would be about 3.494" if you're eye is 30" from the pin. If the pin doesn't look nearly as large as a "coke can" at 100yds, you're not 100yds back yet. I suppose doing some more calculations, it would be very possible, it you were to skip that arrow off the ground just perfectly, that it could hit a target at 100yds, I still would like to see the video.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the new non typical world record. I don't have any pictures because I know what I did[8D]
Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I shot the new non typical world record. I don't have any pictures because I know what I did[8D]
BS Rory, I don't believe it until I see it!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will tell you what. I am going to try it tonight! I just hope my blackice is bad enough!

Quick Reply: long range bow shooting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.