Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

In PA with a bow it's only 50 yards. There are tons of guys that pull it off every year around me that use much less caution than you are talking about. They just walk in like they are supposed to be there and nobody pays them any mind. Heck they'll walk past posted signs and read them on the way in. Their view is, "if you look like you belong there, then you belong there."

Not for me though. Maybe I just like banging on doors.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last story of my deer, in tight quarters, is in afuture housing development that they logged last year and have yet to build any homes.
The houses I talk about are from another road, not as blatant as some you talke about.
Now that's some ballz, the people walking into posted land and thenthey wonder how land gets posted along with a bad rap!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is an example of what I call "suburban hunting" and is one of the more congested areas I hunt.
Still kind of country, with house lots on average ranging from 2 or 3 acres to 5 acres to meet town requirements.
Of course you have larger homesteads that will be 10-20 acres, with lots of nooks and crannies for deer to slip thorough.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an ideal tract of woods behind my house that noone hunts. I found evidence of at least one nice buck via his tracks/rubs/and large scrapes. I would like to gain access but don't really know how. The woods meander through the suburbs, with plenty of room to hunt.