Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm about to give up

Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM

Default RE: I'm about to give up

ORIGINAL: MeanV2
Just remember it won't be long berfore you'll be wishing season was in so you go out and chase'em[8D]
That's what keeps me goingin the lateseason. Sometimes I think it's too cold, or I have to walk through too much snow, etc, but then I realize I only have so many days left to hunt. I know as soon as the season is over I would be wishing I had gone out.

See anything this morning Cougar?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

No!

"Never give up. Never surrender!"

Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel Greg. Hunting on the edge of a big field can be very hard, they always seem to come from where you were yesterday. I don't know that I would hang it up for the year, but maybe lay off that field hunting. Get back into the woods and hunt the way you enjoy hunting. If a nice one comes buy great, if not, at least you were having fun. You can always pull stands down while shed hunting, no need to do that while season is still in. Take care and good luck getting on them.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

See anything this morning Cougar?
Didn't go, too cold with this wind for me. Went out later and found my arrow that I somehow lost from my quiver.

I know how you feel Greg. Hunting on the edge of a big field can be very hard, they always seem to come from where you were yesterday. I don't know that I would hang it up for the year, but maybe lay off that field hunting. Get back into the woods and hunt the way you enjoy hunting. If a nice one comes buy great, if not, at least you were having fun. You can always pull stands down while shed hunting, no need to do that while season is still in. Take care and good luck getting on them.
Yeah, I'll wait and try that field again Sunday afternoon but its hard to lay off an area when you see so many deer. Next time I am back to the southwest corner.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Playing the same game as you Coug. I was on the North side on Monday. Saw a few entering on the east side. Went in early on Tues, climbed and cleared a nice spot. Saw nothing, on the way out on the West side there was 13. Wanted to pull a Duke Boys manuver on the wheeler. Oh well, I'll show them. I hung a set on the east side to show them my pure ignorance.