Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very BIG cat

Old 04-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Banned

Default RE: Very BIG cat

All it takes is a moment of anyone' s time to call the number for the Washington Fish and Game Commision that I have provided to disprove this photograph . I don' t understand why no one bothers too. Hey who knows, maybe he' ll say I' m wrong and back this guys story up. So come on, call or fax Bob Everitt and ask him what the real deal is regarding this cat. How many times do I have to post this number? What' s holding you back? Phone#425) 775-1311. Fax#: (425) 338-1066
Old 04-11-2003, 08:55 PM

Hello??? My picture....... Remember??? I promise to check on that number if you humor me with your intelligence. Talk about skirting the question.....wow![]

I will make you an offer, If you get the picture right, I will bow to your great knowledge, and appologize to you.

Old 04-11-2003, 09:19 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Jerry,

I dunno. According to our resident Columbo, my picture must be a fake (no big shaddows). Then again, maybe she can have that 3rd grader explain to her how a fill-in flash operates while she' s back-peddling around her " expertise" in the size of cougars.

HEY!!! I was just looking at Rack-attack' s photo and noticed there are no big shadows in there either. Must be another fake photo.

The only thing I can really say about WR is...jealousy' s a real b-tch, ain' t it?

Old 04-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Raven ,

Your phone number and contact in Washington doesn' t prove a damn thing (except how you go to extremes trying to discredit fortunate hunters). The original poster at bowsite.com received the pic by email (as did I) and he stated that the name and whereabouts of the hunter that shot it and where it was taken was all heresay and rumors.
Remember the pic going around in email of the huge brown bear that a hunter supposedly shot at point blank range as it was charging him?? All b.s.! But the pic was real and the bear was real. The true story later came out in publication.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:38 PM

My approach to pictures like this on the internet is; Could it be POSSIBLE that the subject matter is real? If so, then I tend to believe it until it is proven otherwise.( No, I will not call Bob. That proves nothing.) Some pics might not be probable, but that is what makes records, records.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can not believe that there is actually three pages of arguing back and forth about wether this picture is real or not.[:@] If it' s real then that' s one heck of a big cat and good for the guy that shot it and if it' s not then oh well I think we' ll all get over it.[]
Old 04-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Banned

Bowfanatic, how can you possibly say my contact doesn' t mean anything? That' s the most absurd statement so far. He' s the Regional Director for God' s sake and can tell you the truth about this alleged harvest. Don, 35 pounds at the most. And what' s with the spots? I' m curious as to what that is. I' m thinking bobcat but to be honest I' m not sure. JRW, there' s a big difference in shadow patterns outdoors where the sun is a major light source and surfaces are irregular so shadow relection is scattered. JRW, how can you possibly compare shadowing between yours and the original pic. Yours was taken on an overcast day, with trees off in the background at some distance with leaves on the ground. Are you trying to tell me that shadows would be the same for this guy who is inside a garage and standing in front on what might as well be a movie screen projector. Even on a sunny day the light would be defelected in alldirections from the leaf bed in your photo causing shadowing to be quite diffuse. That would not be the case if the same picture was taken right up against a flat surface such as the garage door. You know what' s funny here is everyone that' s claiming the photo is real is just basing it on opinion and nothing else. So they come along shoot off their mouths but are reluctant to make a simple phone call to find out if this is so, in spite of the fact that I have posted the number several times. So come on call the number. Don' t you guys have the guts to find out the trurth for yourself or are you just content to come along base your opinion on a few limited facts. There' s an easy way to find out. Call or fax Bob Everitt. Or do you want to wallow in ignorance for ever. Then again once you did call the regional director you' d find out this was a hoax and then where would you be. You' d be unable to come along and spout your expertise regarding this and it would make you look like an idiot. So ignorance is bliss.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Here we go again. As soon as I saw the name of White Raven I knew what was gonna happen. Heading back over to Eders. No White Raven there.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfanatic, how can you possibly say my contact doesn' t mean anything? That' s the most absurd statement so far. He' s the Regional Director for God' s sake and can tell you the truth about this alleged harvest.

Regional director from where? Read slowly....The stats behind the kill are all rumors! If the cat was not harvested in Washington , then your regional director would not have a clue , would he?
Old 04-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is going nowhere. Lets end it here.