Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very BIG cat

Old 04-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Very BIG cat

There are no shadows.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:46 AM
Banned

Don Loth follow this link. http://www.wildlifeprairiestatepark....ges/cougar.htm It will take you to the facts regarding vital statistics and cougars. I stand by my facts regarding them. It' s very easy for anyone to verify this from any other site. Maybe you should have tried finding out this information yourself before looking like an idiot. And that' s just the average cougar. WR class animals are much bigger. Hell the P&Y world record was over 9 1/2 feet long. ( here' s the link to that one http://www.huntinfo.com/bearpaw.htm ) And as far as B&C recognizing this cougar, this is 100% false. It is only included in the Trophy Watch News section. This section is for reader submissions and in no way reflects B&C' s acceptance of the animal. As of today there has been no verification backing this claim up. Hell, maybe if you could read you would have noticed the following disclaimer on the B&C page where this picture is listed.....Quote " HEARD A RUMOUR IN THE WIND ABOUT A NEW WORLD RECORD TROPHY BEING TAKEN. OR HAS YOUR TROPHY BEEN STOLEN? CHECK OUT TROPHY WATCH WHERE WE RESEARCH THE RUMOURS, SEPARATE FACT FROM FICTION AND POST PHOTOS AND INFORMATION ON OUTSTANDING TROPHIES ODDITIES, INTERESTING STORIES FROM THE FIELD. YOU NEVER KNOW, THOSE RUMORS MIGHT JUST BE TRUE" ." Endquote, This is just a page where readers can submitt pics and stories to B&C. There is nothing Official about it.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:17 AM
Banned

As I mentioned earlier, it' s quite obvious that this pic has been digitally manipulated (and not very well at that) I' ve enhanced the photograph to bring out some details. As Cargo pointed out, there are no shadows even though the lighting is quite bright. What does that tell you?

Old 04-11-2003, 07:37 AM

I' m impressed, do you live for this, and I stand behind this, I still think your a jealous boy [X(] Just my opinion........

Don Loth, what the heck is that. OH, is that an insult, gosh It hurt so bad, I think I will cry now.

By the way, went to your " website" witch it says length is 6-8 feet, I have checked out other sites and come up with other lengths, but just to make " you" happy and to help fullfill your needs to be " somebody" we will go with the 6-8 feet, notice it doesnt say 7-8 feet?

Still havent received an e-mail from your " BUDS" at P&Y, or B&C, looking forword to hearing from them...................

By the way ever think about changing your name to " GREEN raven" (envy... if you couldnt figure that out)
Old 04-11-2003, 07:51 AM
Banned

Don, if you checked other sites that refute the vital statistics of cougars, why don' t you post them for us Don. Heck, the puma sub-species in Florida reaches lengths of 6 6 1/2 feet and it' s the baby of the family. So let' s see the information you have to back this up. It is also a given that Moore' s record cat was 9 1/2 feet long (nose to base of tail). You still haven' t explained why there is a total absence of shadows in the picture even though there is much light. Believe what you want. Aside from the news article in the " RUMOURS" section of Boone and Crockett, there has yet to be any verification by a credible source. And that includes the department of Fish And Wildlife in Washington. Anyone that knows anything about cougars can tell the picture is bogus. You don' t have to understand digital photography to see this. Ask yourself this " If the world' s record weighed 205 pounds and was 9 1/2 feet long, why is this one so short in the body if it is in fact as large as they say it is although other body proportions seem to be twice as thick?" Compare it to the picture of the white cat the fellow is holding above and you' ll have your answer. You can disprove the authenticity of this photo for yourself easily enough without my input. Bellevue is located in Region 4 in Washington. The regional director is Bob Everitt and he can be reached at (425) 775-1311. If you don' t want to incur long distance charges fax him at (425) 338-1066. You might as well hear it from them directly because it' s obvious there' s no convincing you. Talk to Bob and then get back to us. Thanks
Old 04-11-2003, 08:07 AM

I' m not going to weigh in on whether the picture is real or not, but for facts sake I think a point needs to be mentioned again. As mentioned above, the referenced length of a fullgrown, healthy male mountain lion can be 9 feet long, with mention of the P&Y animal being an amazing 9 1/2 feet long.

What was not clearly mentioned is that the tail makes up almost exactly 1/3 of that length, making the largest body length of ANY mountain lion being just over 6 feet from anus to nose tip. Looking at the picture with that in mind, the cat " could" be real because it would be in that range based on the mans size.

The places you can reference the size of mountain lions are state wildlife agencies, american zoological society and several million animal information web sites.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:13 AM

10-4 ,tail 2-2 1/2 feet long., But dont tell anyone, this is getting good.......
Old 04-11-2003, 08:46 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

" As Cargo pointed out, there are no shadows even though the lighting is quite bright. What does that tell you?"
The photographer knows how to properly use a fill-in flash? []

No shadows on this one either. Guess it must be a fake?

Old 04-11-2003, 09:02 AM

Wait one second here. White Raven, I' m asking you to clarify what I think is some fishy info you are spreading.

1. I already mentioned you were quoting body lengths without taking into account tail length.

2. You showed a picture of what you said was the Pope & Young record cougar taken by Scott Moore, which was shot in Park County, Wy in 1993 with a skull score of 16 1/16. But oddly enough the picture you showed representing Scott' s animal was of an animal with a score of 15 11/16 that was shot in either WA/ID/UT ... which anyone can look at in the brochure at www.huntinginfo.com/bearpaw.htm the caption on that animal states the facts as you listed them .. 9 1/2 feet long, 205 lbs, score of 15 11/16 .. but Pope & Young' s World Record states Scott Moore shot a 16 1/16 in Wyoming .. which is quite a bit bigger than the animal you posted a picture of. 3/8" of skull size is a pretty large discrepency.

The picture does look incredible, but it probably should considering he' s lifting a 6 foot bodied 3 foot tailed close to 200 lb cat that hasn' t been gutted yet.

Can you explain the confusion on your information please?
Old 04-11-2003, 09:10 AM

Before you type the link above and get sent on a runaround, do this

do a google search on Bearpaw Outfitters, the top link will send you to the site
it is the WA/ID/UT one not the Canadian one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.