Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very BIG cat

Old 04-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default RE: Very BIG cat

Shakey, it' s a scientific fact that an average cougars body is 7-8 feet long. And this is supposed to be a huge one which could go as big as 9-10 feet (and that' s just the body). Maybe you could explain to us how it is that the World Class cougar only extends from the man' s chin to slightly below his knees? Glenn Hinsey had a good laugh over this one went I sent him the picture. He' s the Records Chair Person, btw, for Pope & Young.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:32 PM

you can' t prove anything, that picture doesn' t look any different then other pictures of big cats except its not field dressed. under cougar pictures from the link i provided, the number 4 and 5 pictures are from a large cat , that is field dressed, but length wise looks no different in scale then this picture and as long as you don' t have any proof otherwise i would think you' d keep your " reality checks" to yourself.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Banned

OK, BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE SHAKY. That cougar is so out of proportion it isn' t even funny.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:27 PM

Thanks, I will. Same to you. What i won' t do is spout off my theories as fact and act like a pompous know it all to someone who does believe the picture is real. I just didn' t want to disappoint you and not have someone challenge that which is so clear to someone with your trained eye. Go tell boone and crockett that they are posting a digitally enhanced photo on there web site if your so concerned about reality checks for everyone that is so ignorant of cougars. None of the experienced cougar hunters on other sites where this picture has been have called it a fake. they might have doubts and in fact it might be fake but i fail to see how your so positive when to my eye your theory doesn' t hold up with any other picture of cougars. i mean you could spend a lifetime arguing zaft and other whiteails - why give up and pout so quickly over this one.??
Old 04-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the statistics provided in this thread on the cat are true then I think that lends further evidence that the photo has been manipulated in some way.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Banned

Here' s a picture of the pope and young record, taken by Scott Moore. The cougar weighed 205 pounds and had a body over 9 1/2 ft. long. The picture that has been posted of the cougar at the beginning of this thread is indeed on the Boone and Crockett website. However, it is in their Trophy Watch News section. Here is the introduction to that section...." Heard a rumor in the wind about a new World' s Record trophy being taken, or has your trophy been stolen? Check out Trophy Watch where we research the rumors, separate fact from fiction and post photos and information on outstanding trophies, oddities, interesting stories from the field, and information on missing trophies. You never know. Those rumors might just be true!"

In other words a picture or other thing has been submitted to the organization. However as far as any verification that the cougar exists is still in doubt as even as recent as today nothing further has come forth that would collaborate the autenticty of the photograph. According to B&C there is no official score as of yet and they have only a picture to judge things by. An unofficial score of 15-12/16 has been attributed to the cougar but no one representuing B&C has measured the skull and the measurement given was provided by the same source as the photograph. Again I say would you care to explain how it is the P&Y WR has a body 9 1/2 feet long and yet this contender barely makes 6 1/2 feet. (and I' m assuming the guy holding him is 7 feet tall or better since the cougar only goes from his chin to his knees). Again there has been nothing other than a picture of this cougar received by B&C.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:19 PM

These are some measurements for taxidermy forms, the largest is nose to base of tail is 51 inches. flexible tail is 27 1/2 inches. Eye to nose is 3 1/2 inches. girth is 36 1/2 this is probably a old thick cat about the same proportions by the look of the form.
African lion is 80 inches long and tail is 36 inches , eye to nose is 7 1/4
I dont know if its doctored or not but theres no dout it is beefy cat.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:00 PM

Man, all I know is I read the article, and saw the picture in a repritable (or how ever you spell it ) magazine. Why would they lie and deceive, for what purpose. I will find the article and let you all know.

Why is it every time someone posts something about another hunter doing something pretty neat, the W-Raven[X(] has to cut it down with ALL his knowledge, and wisdom, I wish I were as smart as he , then I could stick my foot in my mouth when ever I opened it,[] and then would have to argue with everyone to cover up my POOR SENSE OF FEELING INADEQUATE. [&:]

I think someones jealous of other hunters because he doesnt know how to hunt.[:-]

I' m sure he will let me know...............
Old 04-10-2003, 10:30 PM

By the way, were did he get the assumed " facts" that the AVERAGE length of a cougar is 7-8 feet long, CRI$T, go smoke another joint. Try maybe around 6' to 6' 6" .

NO, seriously give me the wherabouts of such info, I am dying to see this. What? were these cats beamed down from planet Pluto or do they live only in your mind?

Maybe you can impress us all and have one of your GOOD buds at P&Y or B&C call me and explain it, better yet E-mail me because I dont think I could carry on a conversation while I am laffing my a$$ off. (man, I cant even spell, this is too funny, or ,I mean HE is too funny. WHATEVER!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 10:40 PM

I almost forgot, those were just my opinions, nothing else. (snicker, snicker[8D])

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.