Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My New Years resolution

Old 12-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default My New Years resolution

I am going to try and stop dipping this year. I know that majority of new years resolutions never last, but I am hoping to change that. I am stopping because I need to for my health, family and finances. The way I figure it, at $7-10 a week, I can save my myself $364 - $520 a year. Here is what I am going to do to help out the process. I am going to give a friend $30 - 50 dollars to start. He is going to hold it plus every week I will give him money for what I would have spent on snuff that week. If after the first 10 days he catches me with a dip or a can of snuff, all the money that I have saved is given to my wife. My goal is to save up enough money to buy a range finder from the money that I would have spit away. Wish me luck!!!

Any other takers?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My New Years resolution

Good Luck!!

Those types of habits are not good for your health and it will not take you long to realize the benefits of the extra $$

I don't smoke, dip, chew, or drink alcohol, but I need to drop some #'s I felt the extra weight this year climbing in and out of a Treestand, so I think that will be my New Year's resolution.

Lose weight and get in better shape!

Dan
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, fornicate etc... but I do have 2 resolutions this year.
#1. I also need to lose a few pounds ( about 20 would be perfect) and get back into an exercise routine. I am 44 and have had 2 heart attacks, one at 26 and 1 at 42, so it is really important for me.

#2. I have to stop signing autographs and taking pictures with people who think I am Brad Pitt. So many people out there think they have pictures of them with him, and have no idea it is really just me. But, if it brings them happiness, it can't be all bad.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Proff

I don't fornicate etc...
Don't you have any Fun?[8D]

Good Luck on your resolution. I hope we both reach our goals!!

Dan
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on quiting, Ron. It is somthing I should probably do too.

My New Years resolution is to stop procrastinating so much. But then again, maybe that will be next years[:-]
Old 12-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I don't fornicate etc...

Dan
Wait a minute... Ithink I wrote that wrong!! I meant that I don't cheat on my wife. Oh yea... I have fun, its just with one women now. Thats what I meant. Glad I cleared that up, I don't want anyone here thinking that Proff is a eunich!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do your supermodel girls think of your packed lips DT?

I have no specific New Year's Resolution as of yet other than to hunt smarter not harder this coming year as I will have less time in the woods. I got a present on the way in like 7 months. I al ready quit smoking back in May as to save money and not stink up the woods.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

What do your supermodel girls think of your packed lips DT?

I have no specific New Year's Resolution as of yet other than to hunt smarter not harder this coming year as I will have less time in the woods. I got a present on the way in like 7 months. I al ready quit smoking back in May as to save money and not stink up the woods.
How about going undefeated in BUCK this year?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I don't fornicate etc...

Dan
Wait a minute... Ithink I wrote that wrong!! I meant that I don't cheat on my wife. Oh yea... I have fun, its just with one women now. Thats what I meant. Glad I cleared that up, I don't want anyone here thinking that Proff is a eunich!!!
Proff, you didn't write it wrong ... fornication is sex OUTSIDE of marraige ,,,,

Quick Reply: My New Years resolution

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.