Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best odor eliminating product?

Old 12-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best odor eliminating product?

I've used scent killer for the past 2 years and its worked pretty good for me but i might try some Dead Down Wind next year
Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Good one.

Are we honestly suggesting that a spray can make you scent free, over riding the need to pay attention to the winds? I use em just as much as the next guy, but IMO they play a minimal role to watching the wind.

Forget the wind, just hunt![8D]360*
Not just spray...But spray is part of the process. Showering in scent eliminating soap, scent elimination body deodorant, proper care of hunting garments, eliminating breath odor, use of chlorophyl copper, dressingafter you arrive onto your propertyand then spraying down..

I try my best to work the wind, when applicable, but it doenst always work out. I think, when the above process if followed STRICTLY, working the wind is not required...and that is not a guess, its been prooven, time and time again.
I'm starting to think some of you guys actually marinate in scentkiller before you will even drive by the woods.Good grief, at what point does this become a job? Dressing in the woods. Using rubber gloves to do your laundry. Taking vitamin supplements tomask your BO. Whatever happened to having fun and hunting? If I went through all those steps just to hunt for a couple of hours and still got busted....I would take up knitting.
what i do is wash my clothes with no scent detergent and then dry them and keep them in a bow with earth scent wafers. i grab dirt and put it all over me. one thing i do is ALWAYS make sure my boot bottoms are scent free. i have had deer walk across where i walked to my stand then head for the hills when they smell the ground where i walked when i dont cover scent on my boot bottoms.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm starting to think some of you guys actually marinate in scentkiller before you will even drive by the woods.Good grief, at what point does this become a job? Dressing in the woods. Using rubber gloves to do your laundry. Taking vitamin supplements tomask your BO. Whatever happened to having fun and hunting? If I went through all those steps just to hunt for a couple of hours and still got busted....I would take up knitting.
It is a lot of work and yes, it becomes a pain in the butt, hense why I have only been geese hunting, recently...

The trick is to take it to such an extreme that you DONT get busted. Since I have been employing these methods, I have not been busted..Deer downwind had no idea that I was ever there.

Now, when I have a cameraman in tow, we work the wind..Trying to cover the scent of 2 people, and all of their gear is a lot more difficult.
Nice avatar change Droptine!!! I mean that in the most respectful way possible
Derek
Old 12-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

It is a lot of work and yes, it becomes a pain in the butt, hense why I have only been geese hunting, recently...

The trick is to take it to such an extreme that you DONT get busted. Since I have been employing these methods, I have not been busted..Deer downwind had no idea that I was ever there.

Now, when I have a cameraman in tow, we work the wind..Trying to cover the scent of 2 people, and all of their gear is a lot more difficult.
Nice avatar change Droptine!!! I mean that in the most respectful way possible
Derek
I saw that also! No complaining here either! He posted her pic last year In a few threads If I remember right. Old g/f I believe?!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster
I couldn't agree more.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: targethogs

Scent killer has always worked for me, but it's really all I have used.
X2
Old 12-28-2008, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

i have never been so impressed with a scent spray until this year. the Primos spray is awsome i had many close encounter with deer (one being 3 yds away with a 20 mph with the wind in her face for about 5 minutes) and have never been busted. great product
Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

what do you think is the best odor eliminating product is on the market?
Ivory soap and water
Old 12-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

arm&hammer
Old 12-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Spike

Dont' use them...so other.

Quick Reply: best odor eliminating product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.