Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow tuned...can't adjust sight any further!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Bow tuned...can't adjust sight any further!

Friends, I need some serious assistance with this problem. I have a 2006 Bowtech (29" draw, 70#, RH, Single-cam). I had my bow tuned and had some major center-shot corrected. My arrow was shooting to the right of center quite a bit before the tune-up. Since my center shot was corrected, my shots hit to the left of the target's bull's eye and I cannot adjust my sight's windage to the left any more to compensate. I don't know what to do to correct this issue. I am also using a whisker biscuit rest and a mechanical release. My bow's sight is maxed to the left as far as she will go and I'm still hitting to the left of my bull's eye.

Please help. I need this corrected before turkey season in the Spring.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bow tuned...can't adjust sight any further!

One of two possibilities come to mind. The most likely is, your bow is NOT tuned. You've passed the magical point by a long shot and are getting a false sense of tune. If you have a decent sight and all that you should beable to have room to move. I'm saying your bow is not tuned. What kind of tears are you getting through paper? Th other possibility is your bow is screwed up. I really discount that thought. Unless something major is wrong with the bow, you should have room if you're tuned. Shoot some paper close up and at a distance. What do you get? What are your groups like?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are you opposite eye dominant? Could be the problem.To check point your finger at a distant object with both eyesopened then shut one eve at atime. The eye that has you pointing right on while open is your dominate eye.Try an anchor right under your nose to compensate if you are opposite eye dominate.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Are you opposite eye dominant? Could be the problem.To check point your finger at a distant object with both eyesopened then shut one eve at atime. The eye that has you pointing right on while open is your dominate eye.Try an anchor right under your nose to compensate if you are opposite eye dominate.
DING >>>> DING... we may have a winner. Another possibility.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I have a similar problem. My bow is tuned and shooting correct through paper. However my sight sits way out to the left of my string and arrow. I set it even with the string which makes sense for it to be that way. However I hit way left. What I realized is that because I shoot both eyes open and I am left I domanate and shooting right handed I'm going to be off a little to the left.

One thing to try is to close you left eye and shoot a while and see what happens. If that is hard for you to do then wear saftey glasses with the left eye covered like rifle shooters do. If this turnes out to be it you'll need to either buy a sight with more adjustment, learne to shoot with one eye closed and/or adjust your anchor, or switch to left handed.

Check your eye domanance. If you are left eye domanate your best bet in the long run is to switch to left handed.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure your arrow is spined correctly for your setup. That would be the first place I looked. You can "tune" your bow to an arrow that is not right for your draw length and draw weight and that would cause the extremes you are seeing.