Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Number of tags

Old 12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Number of tags

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Each state has different tag offerings. My favorite state is MO as NON RESIDENT. 2 buck tags 2 turkey tags, all 4 tags for $150, OVER THE COUNTER!!!. Additional doe tags for $7. MO, I love ya. MO is the best state, bar none, for a nonresident bowhunter to go kill a Pope and Young bow in with no drawing. The world record nontypical whitetail was killed within 30 miles of where I hunt.
SSHHHHHHHHH! I plan on a visit in a couple of yrs We don't want all the deer shot B4 i get there. Great deal for a non res hunter tho.

Manitoba is wierd. I get one any deer tag per season. Thats up to 3 bucks. And then i can get a second deer tag (antlerless) for any zone. Then there is a 3rd tag for one zone...... plus a special muzzleloader tag for antlerless in one zone.
Too much politics if you ask me. Some zones are controlled by the tree hugging residents.
All in all if I were just to shoot deer on my tags I could kill 6 deer. But we also have party hunting here. This yr was the same as last. I shot 5 deer with my bow...... 2 on party hunt tags. Never had to buy a muzzleloader tag or a rifle tag. i might next yr tho...... Just to get more meat in the freezer. I could do with abouit 8 deer or so. AND no I don't shoot fawns.

I can also get a turkey tag OTC, a bear tag OTC a moose tag OTC and an elk tag in a draw...... archery tags are almost guaranteed.