Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Old 04-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

JRW like it or not they still shoot arrows and they were invented thousands of years ago as archery equipment and have been considered just that every since then. If you don' t like the context of the conversation then don' t participate. I guarantee you that the mere fact that you shoot archery equipment that is free of wheels and gadgets does not put your on some mystical plain of higher conciousness that causes all of us to bow in reverence! The man asked a half hearted question, what exactly was the point of exerting your particular brand of archery' s " obvious" supremacy?
Old 04-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

All these years hunting and I have always abided by the law. Well, if they outlawed compounds and traditional bows but allowed crossbows, I suppose they may as well come after me because I will still be in the woods using my compound!
Old 04-09-2003, 02:33 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

" JRW like it or not they still shoot arrows and they were invented thousands of years ago as archery equipment and have been considered just that every since then."
...depending on who you ask.

" If you don' t like the context of the conversation then don' t participate."
I didn' t realize that I needed you approval to answer the initial question of this thread.

" I guarantee you that the mere fact that you shoot archery equipment that is free of wheels and gadgets does not put your on some mystical plain of higher conciousness that causes all of us to bow in reverence!"
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Now, if you could show where I ever made such a claim, it' d be relevant. Until then...nice strawman. Oh, and you apparently don' t know me too well either.

" The man asked a half hearted question..."
...which I answered, thus sending you into a tizzy. An unexpected bonus for my efforts.

" ...what exactly was the point of exerting your particular brand of archery' s " obvious" supremacy?"
Clarification of a misconception. Hopefully I' ve been of some help. You' re welcomed.

Oh, and BTW " silentassassin" (a VERY manly nick-name, might I add), I don' t recall mentioning anything about traditional versus compound on this thread...so why did you feel the need to bring it up? Are we having trouble staying on course there big guy?
Old 04-09-2003, 02:50 PM

I have always took pride in the fact that I follow the laws of hunting. They are put in place for a reason. To say that you would hunt with a compound anyways if they were outlawed is like saying you will shoot 10 deer even though your tags only allow 5 for example. Breaking a law because you don' t agree with it is not the right way to enact change.

If they were outlawed I would definately hunt with a crossbow seeing how it would be my only choice for archery season. I am a gun hunter as well so I just want to be in the woods with as many different options as possible. I hunt compound, shotgun and muzzleloader............because that' s what is legal to hunt with in my state.

Not trying to be judgemental on anyone here. Just hard to draw the line once you start breaking laws. All of us are probably familiar with a group of people that don' t think they should follow the deer laws regarding seasons and shooting times/methods..............they are called POACHERS.

I guess if you wanted to you could just cant your compound severely and it would look like a crossbow

Old 04-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here we go with another man-thing measuring contest. [:' (]
Old 04-09-2003, 06:10 PM

Bailing off a low limb, downed in a shaggy, with a pocket knife in hand. Now that' s hunt' n fellahs!

I don' t see how they could tell me how to hunt on my own property. Then they would have to see me, to catch me. Which ain' t going to happen.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of us are probably familiar with a group of people that don' t think they should follow the deer laws regarding seasons and shooting times/methods..............they are called POACHERS.

Take away the one thing that means the most to me next to my family and your damned right I' d be a poacher! Call it whatever you want. If they made alchohol and any type of tobbaco products illegal tomorrow would you say " oh well life goes on" or would you continue to do what you enjoy?
Old 04-09-2003, 08:43 PM

PA, no need for an apology, but thank you. Huntingbry, as far as the measuring deal, can I use the metric system. I probably wont win, but the numbers look better.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:06 AM

Take away the one thing that means the most to me next to my family and your damned right I' d be a poacher! Call it whatever you want. If they made alchohol and any type of tobbaco products illegal tomorrow would you say " oh well life goes on" or would you continue to do what you enjoy?

That would make a lot more sense if the thread was asking what you would do if hunting was outlawed.

Seeing how the question asks what you would do if bows were outlawed I don' t agree with your logic.

Crossbows are illegal in my state right now. So you are saying that I should take a crossbow in the woods with me this season and hunt with it if hunting with a crossbow is something I enjoy??

What if I enjoy hunting deer with dynamite or grenades??? Should I do that too?

Come to think of it I like hunting a lot better when it' s warm out rather then when it' s cold so maybe I should just fill my tags during the warm summer months even though it' s illegal because after all............it' s something I enjoy doing.

I can' t hunt with a rifle either due to those damn laws..........screw it I am just gonna strap on a 270WSM and go out blazing away this season..........who cares if my bullets travel 800 yards and hit/kill god only knows what 2 properties over.........I enjoy rifle hunting dammit!!!!! What the hell do we need laws for???

Geez, now that you mention it I don' t care too much for those laws about deer and elk interstate transfers. Who gives a damn about CWD?? Let' s keep swapping deer from state to state until EVERY state is loaded with infected animals. Those laws are stupid anyways.......besides weak wasting deer are easier for me to grenade hunt in the summer anyways.

It' s scarey to think that you would rather break the law and become a poacher then use a crossbow.

Old 04-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atlasman ,

Your last post bubbleth over with sarcasm!

The major flaw in your sarcasm is that everything you mentioned doing is illegal right now! Bowhunting with a compound or traditional bow is currently legal everywhere that I know of.

If the fact that I love bowhunting so much that I' d do it anyway if it were made illegal scares ya , you' ll be terrified to know that theres a whole lot of other folks who would be considered poachers right along with me.

Quick Reply: Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.