Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Old 04-08-2003, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

I' m sure my want for the woods would far outway my general dislike for crossbows so I' m with you Jersy!

Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ENTER A NEW THREAD: If they outlawed them all would you hunt with a club and your bare hands. Spears are outlawed too. [:-] How about shoe or sneaker hunting. I know I have a good arm but am not sure what kind of kenetic energy I can get from Aire Jordans. Would a pair of golf shoes with old metal spikes be considered unfair chase? Lordy.... what would become of Pope and Young? We' d probably have a new authority.... something like Michael and Tiger. I don' t care what they outlaw. At some point I' m going to become an outlaw because I have to hunt.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:08 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Like I said on the other post about outlawing compounds, I would throw rocks if that was the only option. Yes I would hunt with a crossbow, club, sneaker, whatever it took.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes...[:-]
Old 04-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I would become an outlaw. Along those lines, what if hunting were made illegal altogether? Would you disregard the law to pursue your passion, move to Canada, quit...?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I would be considered a low down , scum sucking , slob of the woods poacher!
Old 04-08-2003, 08:50 PM

I don' t think I would hunt with a cross gun. I' ve shot them and I' m not impressed. I can shoot better with a compound. They' re heavy and alkward and there' s nothing to play with. You might as well hunt with a hand gun or rifle. At least you can reload and play with different loads. I' d be with David and be an outlaw cause I definitlly would be hunting with a bow. It might even make bowhunting more interesting. trying to not get caught bowhunting. I' d be the one looking for escape routes. JERRY
Old 04-09-2003, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you folks for the responses.

Fletch,

My apologies. It was not my intent to downplay your humor (which I found quite amusing by the way ). In actuality I was just responding to JRW' s post and not yours. Do me a favor though, get rid of all the snow on the ground outside my window and I will gladly sit with you to watch the grass grow....

----------------

It is always interesting to see how others react to any given issue. Some of the responses really surprise me while others I would expect. The other thread regarding outlawing compounds led me to thinking about how there are always many threads about bowhunting becoming too technologically advanced and the desire for some to have the season return to its roots as it were. Rarely is the opposite side of the coin addressed and I think this thread might touch on the reason why.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

fletchead,

I knew something wasnt right....dang instructions where upside down.[X(]
Old 04-09-2003, 01:40 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

" In actuality I was just responding to JRW' s post and not yours."
Now that that' s clear...

" Not to argue the point but a crossbow is called a crossbow because it is part bow and therefore could be considered a piece of archery equipment."
That' s a matter of opinion. When it' s mounted to a stock like a gun, shouldered like a gun, aimed like a gun, and shot like a gun...I feel it proper to refer to it as a gun. Salesmanship and PC fluff not withstanding.

" For argument' s sake lets use that presumption."
Let' s not.

" This was not intended to be a thread to debate the use of crossbows in general but rather to determine if a person would use them if they were the only option during the bow season."
Which is exactly what I answered. So why start a debate?

" If you choose not to accept that presumption then that is your choice."
Thank you. I' d now ask that you respect that choice.

Quick Reply: Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.