Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OUTLAWED COMPOUNDS

Old 04-08-2003, 12:06 AM

Default RE: OUTLAWED COMPOUNDS

More deer for me more deer for me Yepper I would still hunt and never even miss a beat but i would hate to see that happen even though I don' t use a compound. There will always be room for everyone in the sport of bow hunting (even xbows)
Old 04-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

YEP! I started with a recurve , I reckon I' ll finish with a recurve!
Old 04-08-2003, 04:08 AM

Yes.

All I would have to do is dust off the ole recurve, practice, and hunt.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:20 AM

yea still got the old bear recurve I used in the beginning but sure would hate to hang up my mathews that 160 class at 40yrds with a recurve still haunts me
Old 04-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

In all honesty, I do not know. I love the compound bow and, not to offend anyone, find the traditional bow a little boring from a technical standpoint. Since such a big part of my life is devoted to archery, and compound bows in particular, I do not know if I would enjoy bowhunting as much with a traditional bow. I would expect the same " thrill" to be there when attempting to harvest an animal but bowhunting, to me, is much more to me than just the hunt itself.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Really, I don' t see what the big deal is about compounds. Compared to an average, run-of-the-mill recurve or longbow, I' ve found them to be visually unpleasant, aesthetically unappealing, monetarily consumptive, operationally boring, mechanically fragile, functionally unreliable, tactically inefficient and have a well deserved reputation for giving shooters hypertension, apoplexy... and stinky feet. But they do shoot fast arrows. [&:][>:]

Seriously though, in answer to the question, I would be forced to quit bowhunting because of injuries and arthritis. I can not shoot a hunting weight stickbow any more.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

As a fellow archery techie, I agree with Frank' s post. On the other hand, I love bowhunting so much that I would still do it without a compound. I' d just have to keep some illegal compounds hidden to tinker with.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:47 AM

Heck yeah, my MightyMite would see the same action in the woods.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:51 AM

Arther P, you need to break out as subtlety doesn' t work here. You have to learn to say what you really think. hahaha

I started with a recurve that was the latest in technology back in 1960. I myself would probably not hunt rather than go back to the recurve for reasons that will remain mine.

It is an interesting question but I don' t ever foresee this happening.

Quick Reply: OUTLAWED COMPOUNDS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.