Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another rant.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Another rant.

I bowhunt and rifle hunt, primarily rifle hunting, as I've been doing that for going on fourteen years as opposed to only bow hunting two years. But I can assure you with rifle or bow I do all I can to recover anything I shoot at. It depends on the person. A hunter does not turn into a mindless lead slinger just because he has a rifle in his hands. If they're unethical with a rifle they would be just as unethical with a bow. I just don't like seeing rifle hunters get a bad rap because of things like this when most of us are not like that.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

The gun hunters In my area are pretty pathetic.
Shultzy, Do you think those same "gun hunters" also hut with a bow? In my experience if a guy is an irresponsible hunter with a gun he is worse come bow season...like.....shooting through brush...taking long shots.......not in practice or tune..........not tracking ect.

I hope not, could you Imagine what they'd try and do then?[:'(] Some people shouldn't hunt period with any weapon. Back In the day there use to be allot of yahoo's running around with bows thinking they were all that. Allot of these same Idiots no longer hunt with a bow being they couldn't kill a deer or hit a deer decent enough to save there ass so they just stuck to there shotguns. As you can tell from what I've said that nothing changed much when they stuck to just gun hunting. By no means am I against gun hunters, I'm just against the Idiots who hunt around me besides a few of the groups who are pretty decent hunters and people.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I prefer my .300 win mag when hunting coyotes, i got these this week.

I would say you have a poacher who isnt in it for the meat, you have a couple guys running around who just like to shoot and kill for the thrill of it, they are not hunters, thats for sure. you should see if you can get the dnr to set up a sting with a decoy target. also, set up a trail cam where you think they might be entering the property, most likely they are doing it at night though.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Those are some nice yotes! The thing about it is We have the flash cameras, and if someone seen them at night. They'd probably steal them, or even in the day, because there the black moultries. There pretty noticeable.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

The gun hunters In my area are pretty pathetic.
Shultzy, Do you think those same "gun hunters" also hut with a bow? In my experience if a guy is an irresponsible hunter with a gun he is worse come bow season...like.....shooting through brush...taking long shots.......not in practice or tune..........not tracking ect.

I hope not, could you Imagine what they'd try and do then?[:'(] Some people shouldn't hunt period with any weapon. Back In the day there use to be allot of yahoo's running around with bows thinking they were all that. Allot of these same Idiots no longer hunt with a bow being they couldn't kill a deer or hit a deer decent enough to save there ass so they just stuck to there shotguns. As you can tell from what I've said that nothing changed much when they stuck to just gun hunting. By no means am I against gun hunters, I'm just against the Idiots who hunt around me besides a few of the groups who are pretty decent hunters and people.
GUS said it right, unfortunately if they act like that with one weapon, they'll act the same way with another.[:@][:'(]
Old 12-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Fork Horn

I think You'd be surprised how little amount of bowhunters there are around our place. I know of 3 guys on all the surrounding farms who have permission to bowhunt. Now when gunseason comes in....well the neighbors give 1 guy permission, and They bring in 5, and then some of them invite more. It just gets so rediculous around here in gun season. Again I'm not meaning all gun hunters. Well these guys, most of them probably shouldn't even be considered hunters. I doubt that any of them bowhunt. At least 75% of them don't I would say.