Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting through brush...

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I'm surprised that this is even a thread.
Why ?

I wanted to know everyones feelings on the matter, so I asked...I dont see an issue with it.
Because the answer is so obvious I was just surprised the question was even asked. I'm not busting your stones.If it helps some newbie, I'm all for it but I am a little surprised a guy like you who isn'tgreen would pose it.
precedent has already been set
Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Shoot through brush, it won't work. You don't believe me, go out in the yard and try to shoot "THROUGH" a limb, briars anything. You more than likely will not make it most of the time. Arrows will be broken or lost, critters wounded or missed etc. I don't shoot through brush.... but I will shoot through HOLES in the brush, big difference.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bow is very quiet. Deer don't here it. Shot a deer once, twice through brush. The first was a clean miss, the second won me a contest. It actually came back to see what hit the ground I practise the shot and before anyone jumps on this, ask yourself first, have I ever missed? I'd practised the shot during the summer knowing it would have to be made.

Ever read any Howar Hill books?He's a guy I could hunt with. Even at a 50% hit ratio I'm still 100% better than him. LOLHe won a few things too.

"Man needs to know his limitations"
Old 12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

DT, just keep that Rage on the front and you can go through anything that is 8 inch in diameter or less. Brush, trees, rocks, its all good.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Brush no way! A thin cover of river canes...yes at close range. Rattled in an killed a 7 pt. buck from the ground, had to shoot through a very thin cover of thin, fragile canes or weeds. But a big difference between brush and fragile canes. The canes were all but dead, brush doesn't forgive.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot deer on the other side of brush.The brush covered the kill zone,BUT I could still see the kill zone.The key was I KNOW my arrow trajectory and I shot OVER the brush and hit the heart and lungs of the doe.She went 20 yards.

The situation dictates the course of action I will take.

Know your eqipment,know your limitations,know the equipments limitations,know trajectory and make informed decisions from there.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see what TFOX is saying. Brush in the sight path and brush in the flight path are two different things. But to deliberately shoot "through" brush is totally irresponsible. I don't care what the situation is. And a leaf or two is not what I consider brush.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

How do you feel about shooting through brush, small limbs, briars and so on ?
Simple, don't do it.
That about sums it up!
You'da thunk it but here we are 4 pages later. [8D]
Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

How do you feel about shooting through brush, small limbs, briars and so on ?
Simple, don't do it.
I messed up once doing it and won't do it again!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.