Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Slick Trick?

Thanx gent's for all the reply's.

I went yesterday and picked up a pack of the standard 100g and sighted the bow in to them. I didn't have to move a thing!!!!!!!!!!! They penetrated better in the target than the G5's did and arrow flight was perfect. I'm sold on 'em!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 AM

I haven't shot a deer with them yet but I can also attest to thier accuracy and man do these things fly fast! My only concern was how small they were but like everyone else has said, that doesn't seem to be an issue and keep in mind you can always upgrade to the magnum or the grizztricks and dude, you cannot beat the price for these things.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like them alot. This was almost a straight downward angle shot, butshe only went about 35-40 yards. I really like how they fly
Old 12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

Well, as long as we're postin Slick Trick kills; mine from this year.

Elk in NM.it was hot and I was in a hurry to get it boned out so by the time I realized I had not taken pics, she was boned out pretty well. Complete pass thru at 40 yds with a 60# Guardian. All kills posted here were taken with the standard 100 gr 4 blade slicktricks. All complete passthrus

MO buck.

MN whitetail

MO whitetail doe

MO whitetail buck
Old 12-17-2008, 08:11 PM

DUDE, you are killing me! Congrats on ALL of those fine looking species!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Thanks!!! Been quite a year and I am still on cloud nine...one happy bowhunter. I am doe hunting on the ground now as I want a doe from a ground blind to top it off....plus it's cold out.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

First deer ever shot with them this year, the arrow went in the left lung and came out its back right leg, total pass through and she only went 30 yards, second kill was turkey which died instantly, also my friend this year killed 3 deer not sure how far they went but he got them all.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Thanks!!! Been quite a year and I am still on cloud nine...one happy bowhunter. I am doe hunting on the ground now as I want a doe from a ground blind to top it off....plus it's cold out.
Blinds are for SISSIES!!! Real men stand next to a tree, wait for the opportunity, draw and STICK 'em!!!! I add the little grin in there, but I SERIOUSLY do not use a blind when I hunt from the ground.

Back on topic......

Slick Tricks (I use the Magnums) but they are the BEST FLYING Broadhead I've EVER shot. From Thunderhead, to Muzzy to whatever you've shot before, these things are the BEST you'll find. If you can't get Slick Tricks to fly well, you'll likely not be able to get anything to fly well. I have one particular head that has been through 2 deer, including a complete pass-through on the spine of one, and a pair of coyotes, and it's still in my quiver ready for service.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

hardcorehunter....i know youve posted these pics a lot....but I just gotta say.... I love the color of that MN 8pt. I love that reddish color, but not the summer red. awesome looking.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

hardcorehunter....i know youve posted these pics a lot....but I just gotta say.... I love the color of that MN 8pt. I love that reddish color, but not the summer red. awesome looking.
He was one of the biggest bodied deer I have taken too. He was an 11 pointer. Double browtine on one side. Pics doesn't show another point also

H

Quick Reply: Slick Trick?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.