Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spiraling problem.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Spiraling problem.

Im pretty new to the whole bow scene and was wondering what would be causeing my arrrows to sprial in flight?It only does it at ranges past 35 yds.When im shooting 40 yds the arrows actually spirals in flight before hitting the targer.It doesn't it a little at 30 but not as bad as 40yds.I am useing the 4in vanes.But im going to be switching to the 2in blazers.Which is better for accuracy?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default RE: Spiraling problem.

arrows spin during flight..normal and a requirement for proper flight. are u accurate? Blazers are the only way to go imo. durable,,excellent flight, small and unobtrusive..just a gr8 vane
Old 12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

I know they are supposed to sprial in flight,but im talking about the arrow has an eratic flight path,but they always hit on target,im not talking about the arrow spinning in flight,im talking about the whole arrow having a sprialing flight path.If that makes sense.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know exactly what you mean.

Are you getting fletching contact and/or is your bow properly tuned? Are your arrows all straight in the target?
If all that is good, it may be an optical illusion.
I would assume you have an odd colored fletch as most do. Sometimes in certain lighting conditions, the arrows spin in flight can cause the illusion that it is spiraling. I had that issue and thought my bow was out of whack. But if everything else checks out, it could just be your eyes playing tricks on you.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say you've probably got a contact issue somewhere. I've seen what you're talking about and both times I had that problem I had a contact issue that I needed to fix. What kind of rest and vanes are you using??? Are any of your vanes notably marked up like you're getting contact with something??? Also, have you had someone else what you shoot to make sure that it really is doing what you think it is??? Sorry to answer your question with more questions, but that's the only way to know for sure what the true "root" of the problem is often times.