Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is Bowhunting to you?....

Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is Bowhunting to you?....

1 2 3 4
Thrill of the hunt
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

big time adrenaline rush
1 2 3 4
Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's who I am

I love to hunt

Up close and personal

Old 12-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Bartender

Killin! Once I learned to accept this I truely became a bowhunter.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

a lot of work
Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Eating Preacher Tony's Jerky

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Defines (deer)hunting, for me.
Honest question, Jeff ...... it defines it for you due to the fact that is your only experience..... the only way you have ever hunted deer..... wouldn't you say that is accurate?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Honest question, Jeff ...... it defines it for you due to the fact that is your only experience ..... wouldn't you say that is accurate?
Insofar as "Lovingone woman" defines my marriage.....I'd say you were correct. I'm pretty sure I've found what makes me tick in each endeavor.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 AM

nothing better than this
Old 12-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Heart Pounding Adrenalin Rush
Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, how do you know you wouldnt LOVE to hear the roar of a rifle? hunting one with a pistol?? a big ole plume of black powder smoke and the fresh rotten egg smell of REAL black powder being burnt in a flintlock?

not picking on you...i just dont know anyone that dives head first into hunting like you did...most everyone i know grows up hunting...i just know FOR ME, that although i love bowhunting, probably more than any other form of deer hunting thus far, i MISSED the rifle opener last year because i tagged my buck...in PA its kinda something special...first light in the big woods of the mountains and hearing rifles firing all day...driving by the camps and rubbernecking to see what they got hanging..deer camp PERIOD...i missed it all...i know gun hunting will always be a part of ME. this year i took my buck at a range much farther than id EVER shoot with a bow...i put the crosshairs on his heart and litterally put a hole straight through it...challenging? uhhh maybe not so much as bowhunting...fun? thrilling? exciting? give me a rush? you bet! hearing the roar of MY rifle up the ravine and feeling the recoil is just what gives me that rush...sitting behind the scope and precisely aiming that perfect shot while slowlying squeezing the trigger...Rybo about got me talked into buying a pistol to deer hunt with....

youd be surprised but out of the....13 deer i killed (11 rifle, 1 flintlock, 1 bow kill) ALL except i think 3 were within 40yds...most between 20-30...its just how i love to hunt.

not picking on you...PT started this hijack, but it got me thinking about it...just curious as to HOW you know you wouldnt enjoy a different form of deer hunting...

not to mention still hunting, long range hunting, deer drives, etc etc....

(PS....yes, im the same guy that asks himself "how do you know you love HER and want to be with HER forever?".......i could be single for a very long time! )

Quick Reply: What is Bowhunting to you?....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.