Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

History or not

Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: History or not

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

I don't know about history, but my trail cam sure gives me alot more motivation to go out and hunt....and sit longer. When I get ready to leave I just think "What if that beautiful looking 8 pt comes by in the next five minutes". And then I sit longer
Well this can be a double edged sword. I got a trail cam pic of this first buck, and I let this second buck walk when I had him at full draw, hoping for a chance at the bigger one. Well, they're both still walking. And I still have my tag![&o]

Old 12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

I don't know about history, but my trail cam sure gives me alot more motivation to go out and hunt....and sit longer. When I get ready to leave I just think "What if that beautiful looking 8 pt comes by in the next five minutes". And then I sit longer
Well this can be a double edged sword. I got a trail cam pic of this first buck, and I let this second buck walk when I had him at full draw, hoping for a chance at the bigger one. Well, they're both still walking. And I still have my tag![&o]
Atleast you didnt "settle"[8D]
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt 170 miles from my home. I can't do any pre season scouting. I have to dive in and react on the fly. I do some in season scouting and go back to areas where I know a big buck was last year. I don't use trail cams because it's all public land and I fear that my camera would become someone elses camera. I long for the day when I hunt near my home and I can scout, pattern, and score on a specific buck.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a 9 point on the wall that I have some history with. In 2006, I had him 15 yards in front of me while bow hunting. It was right before dark, and when I went to draw, my shoulder popped out of place, and my arm just fell to my side. He stood there for a couple of minutes, and then trotted off about 20 yards and stopped and watched me for another 5 minutes, and all I could do was watch him. A few weeks later I had him 15 yards in front of me again while I was bowhunting. When I went to draw that time, my elbow hit the trunk of the tree behind me, and I bumped my release before I was at full draw. The arrow flew 5 feet over his back. The next weekend was shotgun season, and I had the gun this time. I was in the same tree that I had seen him thte week before, and he came thru just like he did before, but this tiime he didnt make it.[8D]

Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

i love having some history on the deer and I am addicted to trail cams but don't get me wrong I do like surprises
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Site Bouncer

I don't care either way for history. There has been times when I've seen the same buck and ended up killing it but more than not it's one I've never seen before. Of course, I don't use a trail cam so that hinders a lot of "sightings".

History.....I can take it or leave it.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer a little history
Old 12-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the last five years I have used trail cameras and know what's out there. 4 out of the last 5 bucks I shot I had pictures of. It's nice but I kind of miss the old day's when the buck first came into view.