Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My October Big Doe

Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Spike

Default My October Big Doe

I signed up on here back in february but just started getting more involved recently. I'm just now putting up pics of my October doe I arrowed. The area I hunt has a small section of woods on a hill with a cornfield to the east and open pasture to the south, north, and west. Down in the bottom starts another huge section of woods to the south. On Oct 28th I got up in my stand on the edge of the small section of woods on the hill facing the open pasture to the south. The deer usually come out of the huge section of woods to the south in the bottom and work the pasture towards me before dark. I started using my early season bleat can and after 15 min out comes 4 does. Three stayed down in the bottom but the biggest one came right for my stand to investigate with her motherly instincts. She walked under my stand and after she passed it I went to draw. She must have seen movement with her peripherals and took off. She only went 20 yards and then stopped to look back at me. That's when I let her have it. Slight quartering away shot. Arrow went clean through and she only went 75 yards and fell over dead. I was extremely pumped. Second deer I have ever shot(both does with my bow). The processor weighed her at 110 pounds field dressed and told me she was probably around 160 on the hoof live weight. I have been in pursuit of a buck since and will not quit until the season is over Dec 31. I'm limited to only hunting weekends now so I gotta get after it when I can.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default RE: My October Big Doe

I thought I attachedthe photos but I guess it didn't work? Maybe I didn't do something right.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Spike

Any help on how to properly post pictures would be appreciated. I clicked the upload button and embed pictures and post and nothing showed up.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you are doing it right. It uploaded right? Or in the message box did it say something else?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Spike

It said upload successful but then no photos showed up with the message. Don't really know what the deal is?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Spike

Here is the picture of my doe
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/nneneman/OctoberDoe.jpg
Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Spike

<a href
Old 12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Doe

here is your pic

Old 12-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Spike

Thank You Jason..if only I could get my computer to post em!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulation's on your doe!!! She's big!!

Quick Reply: My October Big Doe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.