Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

skip a hunt for the first time this year?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: skip a hunt for the first time this year?

recovering from pneumonia is a mother, with or without the broken leg.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I respect the drive you're showing in wanting to get out there, but while I'm no MD, I do know that your body is running a 101 degree temp for a reason. The cold weather will make you feel better while you're out in it because it'll force your body temp down. The down side is that you're going to feel even worse later because you'll be rendering your body's natural defenses ineffective and whatever bug you have will keep on multiplying. If you're running a temperature like that, you really should stay indoors. But hey, it's your health we're talking about, not mine. Enjoy!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you , brother. I have not missed a day since the october opener either. I FROZE NEAR TO DEATH today...and i havent seen a buck in weeks...am i brain damaged? pretty much!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I decided to reward myself for dragging my near dead body in the woods tonight. Shot one of the biggest does I've ever shot. I plopped my butt in a tree at about 3:15 and at about 3:45 I had 8 deer in front of me. The last one in the bunch was Big ole doe. Had a tough time getting in position and picking the right time to draw with 16 eyes 20 yards from me. But I finally had my small window of opportunity and made my move.

A gut and a drag from hell later and I am beyond spent. I think I passed out a few times dragging her big heavy body out of the woods lol [8D]. Called a couple buddies to hang her for me because honestely I could hardly even stand up anymore. I was hoping for mr. big to make my efforts worthwhile, but mrs. big wasn't getting a free pass tonight either. The wife is washing my hunting clothes now so I can get out in the AM and try again if I'm still among the living.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Site Buck Guru

Congrats man! Did you take any pics or weigh the doe?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Funny, NY....

I climbed my tree a little before 3:00......with a doe about 80 yds from me (I could see her). She was soon joined by 6 more.....but something spooked them and they never came in. They were out, early.

Never saw another one.

Congrats on your doe!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats man! Did you take any pics or weigh the doe?
Took some cell phone pics and a few on a disposable camera just of her after she was hung (didnt' have my digital with me). I'll see if I can post some tommorow. I didn't weigh her,but I think I'm going to tommorow too. I'd be interested in what that number is.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

NY, just saw this thread (I'm on my way home from the deer woods right now; had my work laptop with me)...

You can hunt in my camp ANY day.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say you earned that one! Congrats!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

good job way to hunt hard....I hate talking to "serious" hunters that get lazy and dont go out even if they have nothing to do at home....or they wonder why they never kill anything big when they only hunt a couple weeks in November

Quick Reply: skip a hunt for the first time this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.