Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bambi Vs venison

Old 04-08-2003, 04:24 PM

Default RE: Bambi Vs venison

I honestly had a hard time eating the first deer I killed. I remember gagging thinking about it hanging from that tree. Guess I was kind of soft back then about it. Now I practically live off deer meat. But as far as Bambi goes, all three of my kids have watched Bambi and they all eat venison and love it. My 9 year old killed his first deer at the age 6.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder what all the hypocrites would do if Disney came out with " BESSIE" the story of a baby cow?[]
Old 04-09-2003, 08:55 AM

that' s a good question silentassasin. I have served venison for many years and I have never had anyone refuse it without bringing bambi up in the refusal. I kind of thought perhaps with the movie ' Babe' the sale of bacon and sausage and all of the cuts of pork,including ham, would drop but it didn' t happen. We had veal and lamb last night for dinner and my step daughter raved about it. Go figure!!!!
[>:][>:][>:][X(]
Old 04-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

My son and I really enjoyed Bambi when he was young. Now that we are hunters and vension eaters, we really enjoy laughing at all the unrealistic notions brought forth by the movie. For example:

1) A bunch of hunters chasing a doe across a pasture shooting wildly at a doe. How foolish! That doesn' t happen where I come from. Besides, the doe will run the little fellow off anyway as soon as the rut gets close!
2) Wasn' t it hunters that started the fire in the movie?
2) Poor Bambi, thanks to hunters doesn' t have a mother, but Dad becomes the nurturing parent. How ridiculous! Has anyone out there ever see a real buck with a nurturing instinct? Not me, in over 26 years of hunting!!

But you know what, city dwellers with no understanding of real wild animals will fall for that story every time. Too bad Disney could not get some truth to the city dwellers, then more would know just how false these notions are.

I would rather be a predator than a scavenger any day!!! At least I understand the value of wildlife, and the need to keep nature in balance and preserved. Anyone ever noticed what urban sprawl (i.e. city dwellers) has done to wildlife habitat? And that' s no cartoon, it' s for real!!
Old 04-10-2003, 01:49 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

IMO, " Bambi" was the worst thing to happen to hunters in a long long time.

Old 04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

I have been a professional chef for more than 20 years. Butchered any commercialy available animal that ever walked or flew.
Tha sad truth of the matter is...most people...if they had to kill what they ate, would be vegetarians!
My opinion is that the only difference between a vegetarian and someone who eats meat is 48 hours without food!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Bambi Schmambi . . . if it ain' t movin when you put it on your plate it' s overcooked!