Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I just can't do it......

Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I just can't do it......

I forgot I was a poacher.

Dang!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find it awful hard to stand hunt in anything below 20 myself...

those days i either "suck it up" or sleep in and go out when its 25 or 30 in the afternoon...

but ive been predator hunting in the single digits last winter...and will do the same this winter im sure. only difference is my stand predator hunting last no more than a half an hour...15 minutes or so of sitting and its time to head back to the truck and move to a new stand.

bowhunting in the cold is VERY difficult...hard to do anything packed in 50 layers let alone draw a bow...and i havent figured out a way to hit my anchors and shoot when my face is covered with anything...i cant even wear a face mask in the early season...i anchor to my nose and ears...with a facemask on, i just dont feel like i hit them...either have to start practicing with one on all year or just hunt without one like i do now...
Old 12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I've got it figured out, now......

Compound - AM

Longbow - PM

I can shoot the compound in my michelin man suit.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff I also forgot to add that temperatures here seem to definately be amplified. Whether it be summer or winter. The warm temperatures feel hotter than they are, and the cold temperatures feel colder than what they really are.