Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone going to ???

Old 12-07-2008, 07:05 PM

Default Anyone going to ???

Buy the new Admiral?? It looks sweet. I watched a youtube flick and it seemed quiet and well built and fairly quick for hunting... it's short, but it doesn't seem to bother anything... Swampcollie can fill us in if he chimes in...
Old 12-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone going to ???

I have less than 20 shots through mine and am already in love with it. I intend to put a pile more through it over this winter.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:19 PM

Just ordered mine Saturday - from the sounds of it i wont be dissapointed
Old 12-07-2008, 07:20 PM

Rob is it comparable to the Ally and it's shootabilty?? I love my Ally, but some day I may get a new bow and when that day comes I want to know that the bow I buy is as good or better than the Ally..
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am thinking about getting a new Parker bow for next season. They are local here in Virginia. I like my Reflex Excursion but I don't love it.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Buy the new Admiral?? It looks sweet. I watched a youtube flick and it seemed quiet and well built and fairly quick for hunting... it's short, but it doesn't seem to bother anything... Swampcollie can fill us in if he chimes in...
Landon,

I'll likely be getting an Admiral shortly after Christmas if all goes according to plan. That being said, I work at a Bowtech dealer here in charlottesville and though I've yet to shoot it myself I've heard rave reviews. Silky smooth, whisper quiet and very quick. I've heard a couple say they may prefer the Captain for 3D, but with its brace height and short ATA the admiral is an amazing hunting bow.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Fork Horn

I am thinking about going to the pro shop here sometime this week and shooting the Admiral and also the diamond iceman. Has anyone shot the Iceman? If so how does it compare to the admiral?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Dominant Buck

As the owner of one of the last Ally's produced...........

I think I'll probably feel like a lot of tributeowners feel (now).........in a couple of years.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 AM

I am going to get either the admiral or the iceman sometime in january. I haven't shot either but I can look at them and tell that one of those two will be in my hands next year.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

All I got to say Landon is don't even pick one up... and definately don't shoot it. If you do Paige will kill you.... and if she finds out you heard about it from me... she might kill me too.

If you shoot it.. you will buy it... or at least you won't be happy with whatever it is you have and you'll sit and stew about it. It will cause great unrest.

And yes... its probably about as quiet a bow as I've ever heard.... its more quiet than even any mathews I've ever shot. The new Ross Carnivore actually might be just a hair more mum... but we are talkin about the difference between the wind and a whisper here.

The bow needs about 6oz of stabilizer because she is just a bit top heavy, bu there is no movement or jump at the shot. None.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.