Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Christmas

Old 12-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Christmas

Jeff, your not going to turn the mans Christmas thread into one of you infamous bickering threads are you?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm not turning it into anything Chris. I just said a lot of people give anonymously....and this thread looked like it was headed towards everyone telling how much and to who they give to (nothing wrong witht that, either).

It was really that simple. Many aren't comfortable telling how much (be it big or small) they donate to charity.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm not turning it into anything Chris. I just said a lot of people give anonymously....and this thread looked like it was headed towards everyone telling how much and to who they give to (nothing wrong witht that, either).

It was really that simple. Many aren't comfortable telling how much (be it big or small) they donate to charity.
I know Jeff its the don't let the left hand know what your right is doing deal. I give in the same way but AF is on his own mission here.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:28 PM

I used to give my deer to a guy we called "Mountain Man." (after we quartered it up). He lived in a house that was missing half the floors, by himself, with no heat/ac.....and only got electricity a few years back. He was from Eastern KY and lived in his the mtns all his life, but moved over here to settle down. He lives and breaths hunting, and is a diabetic. The doc said only eat wild meats, which he does. He is a rabbit/squirrel hunting fanatic. He even shares what little he does get with local churches by being the cook for cookouts with his different game meats. At 80, he is kickin it for getting around.

We never said anything about his situation, just showed up with a quartered up deer, and lit up his eyes. After spewing out the story, he'd be on his way. He even took me rabbit hunting once. I always try and stop in to see him 3-4 times throughout the hunting season and see how he is. This thread got me thinking, I am going to bring him a few rolls of summer sausage and a few bags of jerky next time I am up that way, itd be nice for him to get some meat that he doesn't have to prepare himself.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's What I'm Talking About!!!

Kudos to you Brother T!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Lots of people go about their giving, anonymously.
+1, is it really giving or charity if you feel the need to share with others that you have given?
The reason for this thread in these economically tough times was to remind people that there are others out there in worse off condition than themselves and it might nice to give. Just because someone gives testimony to howtheyhave shared does not take away from the charitable act and may even give someone else an idea of how they can help.

Another thought is if you give anonymously and don't put the word out, doesn't that lessen what was given by keeping the thought for yourself?
Matthew 6. 1-4
Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

My family's donated 5 deer so far this year.
I would be more than happy to donate a few deer to feed the hungry. But my lovely state of Minnesota went to a 1 deer only in my area. [:@]
Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Matthew 6. 1-4
Gospel, literally and figuratively
Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Lots of people go about their giving, anonymously.
+1, is it really giving or charity if you feel the need to share with others that you have given?
The reason for this thread in these economically tough times was to remind people that there are others out there in worse off condition than themselves and it might nice to give. Just because someone gives testimony to howtheyhave shared does not take away from the charitable act and may even give someone else an idea of how they can help.

Another thought is if you give anonymously and don't put the word out, doesn't that lessen what was given by keeping the thought for yourself?
Matthew 6. 1-4
So, you're saying every time the preacher in church asks for others to give to the needy he is committing a sin? I did this NOT to blow my own trumpet, but to remind,and a few testimonies going along with it might stir a drive for another to give in his or her way.

That's what gets my goat about this site! Someone tries to say something and there are a few othershere that have to start urinating all over the place trying to destroy it.

If you don't agree with something, instead of castigating others, go onto another thread where you are able to say something positive.

Matthew 7:1
Old 12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mark I hope you and yours have a merry Christmas.

I just got home with the girls from killing a Christmastree that of course is a foottaller then 10 foot tall room its going in.

Quick Reply: Christmas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.