Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mounting a Buck?????????

Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mounting a Buck?????????

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I told my self that I would mount the first deer I killed with my Longbow no matter what, this was my 1st year with the Longbow and killed my 1st buck with a bow and he is going on my wall busted tine and all!. I worked pretty hard for this guy! I am Proud!

You should be proud! congrats on the great acomplishment. I agree he is worthy of mounting and you will never regret it. I love the picture. you look pumped.
Thanks bro, I sure was pumped up, still am just talking about it! 8.5 months of hard work combined with a ton of fun and this buck will bring me memories for the rest of my life!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

I mount everything!
that walks...

by your treestand right?
You got it dude.
Note to self: NEVER walk by NY/Al's treestand!
The big bucks abide by this rule as well it seems...[:@]
Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

But you see, there are some of us that don't care about mounting a buck. To say I wouldn't shoot it if I wasn't going to mount it is dumb to me. Some say if you don't mount it it's dumb. I really have no desire to fill my walls with deer to show off. I hunt for the hunt and the food. For those who say they wish to honor the deer and have him mounted. What about her. Why don't you honor her. She's just as noble and deserving in my eyes. Face it, some are just wrapped up in horns and some are not.It's not disrespectful NOT to mount a deer. You want to put standards on what you'll shoot.... that's fine, but please don't question the standards of someone else who may not live int the target rich environment you may. If He chooses to shoot a deer and not mount it, that's his choice. If he choses to.... that's his choice also. I just don't do it.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

But you see, there are some of us that don't care about mounting a buck. To say I wouldn't shoot it if I wasn't going to mount it is dumb to me. Some say if you don't mount it it's dumb. I really have no desire to fill my walls with deer to show off. I hunt for the hunt and the food. For those who say they wish to honor the deer and have him mounted. What about her. Why don't you honor her. She's just as noble and deserving in my eyes. Face it, some are just wrapped up in horns and some are not.It's not disrespectful NOT to mount a deer. You want to put standards on what you'll shoot.... that's fine, but please don't question the standards of someone else who may not live int the target rich environment you may. If He chooses to shoot a deer and not mount it, that's his choice. If he choses to.... that's his choice also. I just don't do it.
I never questioned his standards. I don't care about his standards. He simply stated if he shot this buck with a bow he would be satisfied and would have it mounted and if he shot the same buck with his rifle he would not be satisfied and would not have him mounted. I simply asked why would you shoot it with the rifle then. I really don't care if his standards are a buck with 2" spikes. Thats not the point here. The point is why shoot a deer your not going to be satisfied with?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

2Lunger~~ I did take the time to answer your question a couple pages back!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

2Lunger~~ I did take the time to answer your question a couple pages back!
I know you did! Some people just don't read all the way through it and then start questioning me on why I'm question you. I got your answer and I respect it!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I do not have any deer mounted as I have never shot one nice enough in my 12yrs of hunting to consider a mount so my question is, to most from the "known" states/areas is why does it SEEM that you mount everything??
I'm not surehow youwould assume this unless you know how many actual bucks someone has killed?

For instance...I have 2 Euro and 3 Shoulder Mounts.

I have killed probably about another 8 bucks that wereNOT mounted.

I am at a point now that any buck I kill will be mounted since I no longer shoot anything that isn't big enought to go on my wall.