Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urinating from your stand

Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Urinating from your stand

It makes alot of sense NOT to just wizz on the ground. Maybe it would increase your odds. How does the the smell of a meat eating predator not have some influence? There is NO proof and it is a lot easier to just let it rip.

That being said I have retired the 1qt gatoraide bottles. It is the greatest thing in the world to get back to you truck without 2 quarts of urine to deal with and Ihad deer frolicking in the urine soaked leaves under my tree so...

Not to be overly course but do deer mind a good dump?? Sorry
Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think it matters myself. I used to be very careful about that stuff, but any more I just whizz away and haven't noticed any bad reactions, if anything it has caused deer to pause and sniff. In fact you'll read/hear about guys purposely whizzing in a scrape and causing a buck to visit that scrape more often or something like that. Haven't done that yet myself but plan to in the future to see what happens.

What is far more important I think is the scent you leave on the ground just walking in and out of your stand - I have noticed deer patterning me from time to time! Sneaky rascals!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope but i could have took the advise of most people on here and took her stand. They tried to intimidate me into leaving the area. they took my ladder hunted from my stand. There lucky theres is still in one piece.
ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i use a bottle in fact i spray my empty water bottle with scent killer and leave it in my stand for next time do this every time and every time i will have a bottle there.
wOnly stand i have pissed from was the one of the girl's ho i think took my ladder and tried to push me out of th area. i pissed all over th eforst rung of her ladder and the tree. I though about taking some coyote pissup there and dumbing it on it
What are you, 10?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im thinking of bottleing my piss and selling it.

I've had more deer come to investigate my urine than a deers urine.

Must be all those apples I eat. [8D]
Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Its tough pissing out of 5" of clothes with a 3" member, so I typically try to just hold it.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Nothing a little bit of garden hose, or in your case, a straw, and some duct tape couldnt fix. Think, extension !!
You should patent that.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Don't know of it spooks them or not...but I do not want to go through the hassle of a serious scent contold program to piss on the grown and have a deer avoid me. Ever smell urine when your dehydrated...it stinks to high heaven.After reading on here a few months back about how it does not mess with deer I whizzed out of my tree 2 times thisyear. It was cold and sitting watching the steam rise just made me keep thinking, man that smell is all around. Now whether itdoes or does not spook deer...I will not do it again for my own piece of mind.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Spike

Even though many say that it does not spook the deer, I would not encourage peeing all around your stand. Big bucks are big for a reason. They say deer are colorblind also, but you still buy your camo and take every precaution as it relates to sight, and a deer's sense of smell is much more adept than it's sight. . . I try to drink as little as possible before my hunt and never leave my scent of any kind when I am in the woods.

Quick Reply: Urinating from your stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.