Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switching from quikspins to blazers.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Switching from quikspins to blazers.

OK....So let's say you orient your vanes for rest clearance (it's a drop away with prongs.....and I have NO rest clearance issues when I have the cock vane up). What I do have with the cock vane up.....is cable clearance issues (with blazers) and Bowtechs. So naturally you orient your cock vane in a manner that will allow you cable clearance. NOW.....you have rest clearance issues.

Now I have an option. I can change rests ($100+ rest).....or I can use different vanes. Since I don't think we realize ANY benefit from blazers (at the distances we're shooting for eastern bowhunting)......it's "kinda" ([&:]) a no brainer which one I changed.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

I ditched the Blazers this year and went with AAE Max Hunters. Cheaper, way easier to fletch, more consistent quality, just as durable, and shot tighter groups out to 50 yards.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

way easier to fletch,
Explain this.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM

SOoooooo many things to consider ! IM pretty sure my problems been mostly my experience (setup wise). im sure as soon as i get my admiral im gonna get it fitted up and get to shootin . Thus by Sept. next year, no problem !

Think im gonna build a platform to shoot from too , you guys get in to that too much ?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Couldn't a cable guard be switched for one likea Sauders HyperGlide that pulls in the cables tighter, and not worry about rest or cable clearance. I shoot cock vane up with neither being an issue, but only after I swapped the cable guard slide.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I have an aftermarket slide on my ally. Still have vane clearance issues with blazers.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have an aftermarket slide on my ally. Still have vane clearance issues with blazers.
Hmm, that would suck. I use my vane orientation as another anchor point against my face, it would really throw me off to shoot another orientation besides cock vane up.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

I missed this Rob.....sorry. The last few batches of Blazers I've picked up have had some very inconsistent bases on them. I shoot Axis arrows, with an offset, and so do a few of my buddies, and I fletch their arrows the same. The AAE's have a little wider base on them, and for me, they fletch up easier on the Axis arrows, and get more contact with the shaft. The fact that they grouped tighter, and were cheaper, were 2 more reason why I used them this year.

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

way easier to fletch,
Explain this.