Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Smugglers Sentenced

Old 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer Smugglers Sentenced

I seen this in my local newspaper this morning. Thought it was an interesting story with a good ending.

Austin TX- Two men will serve prison time in a scheme to smuggle deer from Minnesota to Texas for trophy hunts. The Texas Wildlife said Tuesday that Robert Eichenour of Texas and Brian Becker of Minnesota were caught smuggling 14 white-tailed bucks. They were convicted of violating a federal law that prohibits taking illegally captured or prohibited animals across state lines. Eichenour was sentenced to 18 months in prison, and Becker was sentenced 33 months. Both will serve probation after their release.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Smugglers Sentenced

I don't understand. Did they somehow capture wild deer? Were they from a game farm?
Old 12-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Smugglers Sentenced

Doesn't say, but somehow they are moving these deer like cattle. And having people pay to shoot them. Almost like planting deer