Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mix it up...keep that passion alive.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mix it up...keep that passion alive.

Landon (VA) got me thinkin on his post he had....

Evenfor the teens, or theguys that haveonly been hunting for a few years...Do you ever think about mixing up your equipment to re-kindle old memories and experiences? I love to grab an old gun or longbow that I killed with years back and re-kindle the memories. For me...this means alot. It's a huge refresher and it brings me back to my experiences over the last 22 years hunting...... not just whitetails..all animals.

Do you ever do this? Maybe dad passed and you grab his old gun and hunt with it? It's sacred...you can't take things like this away. MEMORIES.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Mix it up...keep that passion alive.

this time a year I visit my cave everyday...and ook at my walls and re live
Old 12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am gonna give it a whirl with My grandads old 30-30 next year! its gonna be awesome!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go duck hunting.

But honestly this week.... I had half a mind just to grab the .22 and go whack a few squirrels for old time sake. When I was a kid.... deer hunting was a chore.... but squirrels were the REAL big game.

Remember those days..... ahhhh to be 7 years old again.....
Old 12-04-2008, 08:43 PM

oh yeh Andy, we used to hunt them more seriously than deer....we had certain spots to go to and sit and wait and then we'd move to another, we had strategies for treeing one....hey we should do that in Jan Andy!!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I couldn't imagine myself hunting deer the same way year in and year out. It would bore the hell out of me. I've got a lot of different things I wanna do in the future, deer hunting-wise.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 300 square foot cave is trampled with arrows, cloths everywhere, bows, guns, and dirty muzzleloaders.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

oh yeh Andy, we used to hunt them more seriously than deer....we had certain spots to go to and sit and wait and then we'd move to another, we had strategies for treeing one....hey we should do that in Jan Andy!!
Yeah we should. I'm a purist though.... .22s and head shots... if I'm feeling dangerous I'll use only iron sights.... but I think I want to take the Weatherby.... I think Rebecca Claus is going to bring me a 4x Leupold for it (she better because Andy Claus is bringing her a brand new Winchester SX3).

Couple years ago... I think it was the last fall I lived in SC when I killed like 30 deer before November.... I went and bought a single shot .410 and went and whacked a bunch of squirrels... tried to kill one with a .22 pistol.... that didn't go so well.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I was a kid.... deer hunting was a chore
Duck hunting's always a chore, just can be a fun one[8D]

I like to bring walk around the house and look at all of the mounts and live back "old" memories. They're all still fresh in my mind though.

Quick Reply: Mix it up...keep that passion alive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.