Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mix it up...keep that passion alive.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Mix it up...keep that passion alive.

Year in and year out...I actively pursue

Archery Deer
Spring Turkey
Fall Turkey
Winter Predator Calling
Waterfowling
Summer Bowfishing
Winter coon hunting(dogs)

Starting this previous year, excluding spring turkey, I am going to make a big game trip out of state each year. spring turkey? I want to hunt 2-3 states annually.

I used to religiously gun hunt (usually ML, even in high powered season)...and miss that puff cloud of smoke clearing..I think I'll take the ML out to thumpa doe this late season for old time's sake.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Archery Deer
Spring Turkey
Fall Turkey
Winter Predator Calling
Waterfowling
Summer Bowfishing

Starting this previous year, excluding spring turkey, I am going to make a big game trip out of state each year. spring turkey? I want to hunt 2-3 states annually.

I used to religiously gun hunt (usually ML, even in high powered season)...and miss that puff cloud of smoke clearing..I think I'll take the ML out to thumpa doe this late season for old time's sake.
Trevor, I only gun hunt with a ML anymore. Rifle hunting didn't bore me, it just got old. I needed a change, and I'm real glad I switched. Probably never going back to the .308
Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Archery Deer
Spring Turkey
Fall Turkey
Winter Predator Calling
Waterfowling
Summer Bowfishing

Trevor, I only gun hunt with a ML anymore. Rifle hunting didn't bore me, it just got old. I needed a change, and I'm real glad I switched. Probably never going back to the .308
I love hunting with my ML. I have been doing it for 3 years now. Unfortunately, I'm tagged out for a buck and I really don't need any more meat so I won't get out there this year. I am missing it already.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 PM

Yeah, the thing with me is, I started out opposite than most...My first deer hunting gun was a slug barrel for the shotgun I already had. We were robbed and it was stolen that winter. We didn't have money to blow on a deer rifle with other priorities, so Dad bought me a ML on clearance for $85 that next summer. Ive hunted with it ever since. Only 3-4 years after I started deer hunting did I buy a high powered rifle. I went from ML to High powered rather than high powered to ML. I killed one deer with my .270 (at 30 yards) and that was the year before I started bowhunting...now, I doubt I'll ever use my deer rifle again.

I've always hunted with a ML inplace of a rifle, it's just the way we did it. A ML these days IS a rifle, heck they are good to 200-250 with the right load....I just liked that smoke cloud and waiting for it to clear in order to determine success.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, the thing with me is, I started out opposite than most...My first deer hunting gun was a slug barrel for the shotgun I already had. We were robbed and it was stolen that winter. We didn't have money to blow on a deer rifle with other priorities, so Dad bought me a ML on clearance for $85 that next summer. Ive hunted with it ever since. Only 3-4 years after I started deer hunting did I buy a high powered rifle. I went from ML to High powered rather than high powered to ML. I killed one deer with my .270 (at 30 yards) and that was the year before I started bowhunting...now, I doubt I'll ever use my deer rifle again.

I've always hunted with a ML inplace of a rifle, it's just the way we did it. A ML these days IS a rifle, heck they are good to 200-250 with the right load....I just liked that smoke cloud and waiting for it to clear in order to determine success.
You got that right. I don't hunt anywhere that I can shoot past 90 yards anyway though, so it wouldn't be a handicap anyway[8D]. That's one of the neatest things I've ever seen, watching the smoke clear and a deer running from behind it. Something that will stay in my mind forever for the 2 deer I've killed with a muzzleloader so far.