Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Reezen Review

Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Reezen Review

Well it's no secret that I shoot a Mathews....and have been waiting to test this bow since it came out. Well I finally had the chance tonight. The Reezen 6.5 set at a true70 pounds.

First thing I noticed was how extremlytop heavy it is. And that's with a bare bow...can't imagine what it's like with a stablizer?

Second and the worst part, the draw cycle...wow, absolutely brutal. Talk about shoulder displacement.

And third, there is ZERO room for creep, move just a tad, and the bow wants to take off.

I took a grand total of one shot with this bow and that was enough for me, absolutely hated it.

I know there will be some who will buy and love this bow, but not for me.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Reezen Review

I haven't been keeping up, and haven't been to the local shop inover a month....is the monster out yet?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ken/WV

I haven't been keeping up, and haven't been to the local shop inover a month....is the monster out yet?
Not unless it has made it in since Tuesday.... I've been hunting and away from the shop. Due in before Christmas though as I understand it.

Solo... my thoughts mirror yours on the 6.5.... I think Mathews is taking the solocam in the completely WRONG direction..... look at what BT and Hoyt did this year... took a step backwards (with regards to harsh draws and speeds and all) but took a BIG step forwards in shootability and shot feel..... Mathews is about two years behind... they are trying to get a single cam to do what it can't do and isnt' meant to do.... they ought to let the McPherson line be fast and keep the Mathews line smooth.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: Ken/WV

Not unless it has made it in since Tuesday.... I've been hunting and away from the shop. Due in before Christmas though as I understand it.

Solo... my thoughts mirror yours on the 6.5.... I think Mathews is taking the solocam in the completely WRONG direction..... look at what BT and Hoyt did this year... took a step backwards (with regards to harsh draws and speeds and all) but took a BIG step forwards in shootability and shot feel..... Mathews is about two years behind... they are trying to get a single cam to do what it can't do and isnt' meant to do.... they ought to let the McPherson line be fast and keep the Mathews line smooth.
The Monster was not there yet either.

My local bow shop is managed by a member of this site, and she said the same thing you just did, almost word for word.

I did shoot the Elite Archery500GT or GT500 whatever....really smooth bow.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

First thing I noticed was how extremlytop heavy it is. And that's with a bare bow...can't imagine what it's like with a stablizer?

Second and the worst part, the draw cycle...wow, absolutely brutal. Talk about shoulder displacement.

And third, there is ZERO room for creep, move just a tad, and the bow wants to take off.
That is exactly my take as well.

Funny thing is.... we have already sold the first three that have been shipped to us. It goes to show you that people will buy on name alone regardless of how the bow actually shoots and feels.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whew, I'm a mathews shooter, and I've seen enough reezens (pardon the pun ) not to buy the bow. I'll stick with my DXT.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll stick w/ my Switchback XT! Still love it!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 AM

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the Reezen 6.5. I posted a side-by-side comparison with the Hoyt Alphamax32 and wow what a difference.
You can find my findings here. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...&key=&#3196565
Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed on all counts. Switchback XT I think is still the best one they made, and that was like what, 3 years ago now?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't shot the reezen yet, but I plan to soon. Although from what I'm hearing here I think I'd be better off sticking with my DXT

Quick Reply: My Reezen Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.