Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it really that much better??

Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it really that much better??

I say none of you have a clue what hunting pressure is.The 400 hundred acres I hunt has already had 30 deer taken off it this year and there was 27 taken off it last year.THAT IS PRESSURE.
Them numbers are no different then my area. How many of them were bucks? Way to many of my numbers were bucks.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 years ago most were does.Maybe 3 or 4 bucks.

This year,alot were bucks but oddly enough,most were 2 1/2.But there were still more does taken.

I really don't have the exact ratio in front of me.It is written down at camp though.

Remember,this is part of 1 farm.The other part is 300 acres and they killed about half that many.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I should of said 500 acres Instead of 400. My bad! Lots of hunting pressure sucks!!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I should of said 500 acres Instead of 400. My bad! Lots of hunting pressure sucks!!

Sometimes but hunting camp is the best.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Sometimes but hunting camp is the best.
You don't see hunting camps around here, that's a northern Mn thing and we also do this when were bear hunting (I love it). Most peoples hunting camps around my place In central Mn are In the house or In the bar.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ours is in the garage(work building) of the person that overseas the hunting rights/lease or whatever.We have a few campers pulled up in his back yard.WE HAVE LOTS OF FUN.

Here is a pic from opening day of gun season last year.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's what It's all about TFOX!!! Having good times!!

I'm hitting the sack, later boys!! Good talking with ya TFOX!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anybody read the stats from Mr. Eberhart P & Y entries vs number of hunters

Wisconsin 506 249,644
Illinois 427 120,000
Iowa 227 47,100
Kansas 135 21,080
Michigan 70 310,000

The average score of the bucks from the other states are also 15 inches larger, because taking a P&Y qualifying buck in those states is just not a big deal.

You can not argue the math. For those who don't know Jeff and I had a little contest this year. I took 10 hunters from "non" location states, Jeff took ten hunters from "location" states. I lost, LOL but not by much.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I say none of you have a clue what hunting pressure is.The 400 hundred acres I hunt has already had 30 deer taken off it this year and there was 27 taken off it last year.THAT IS PRESSURE.

AND I still see P&Y deer from time to time.

BUT,I have to use the hunters to hunt the deer.I just don't get many shot oportunities.That is what made the 3 1/2 year old(I think) I shot this year really a big deal.(for me anyways)

The deer I hunt move during the day but they keep it in deep cover.Then later in the year,they become very hard to hunt because they bed next to the food,which is in the fields(they enter at night)This makes it really tough to get in on them.
The 750 acre tract I hunt across the road from the house hasn't had 30 deer killed off it in the last 10 years because they're not there in such numbers. Doesn't sound like the "Pressure" is running them off does it.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

You can not argue the math. For those who don't know Jeff and I had a little contest this year. I took 10 hunters from "non" location states, Jeff took ten hunters from "location" states. I lost, LOL but not by much.
That's BS.

You lost by a LOT (if you'd play by the rules you agreed to). I think you'll end up losing by 500", at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.