Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Would you??

yeh that would cool!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only want some of the deer to come into range.. Heck I want a call that will make a big buck come in and throw himself on my arrow.

But then again I used to use a two part skunk scent which was useless and worse than foul smelling so I will try anything. I sure hope they still don't make that stuff.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 AM
bigcountry

I don't know if I would shoot any of em, but if I had that devise, I found my next profession. I would be like a deer magician.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ahh, thats a tough one....i'd have to say no. I enjoy calling and attempting to get deer to come into range, however, part of the fun and excitement of this is knowing that its not always going to be a success. Kind of like hunting as a whole, it wouldn't be called "hunting" if there was a guaranteed sucess every time we set foot into the woods.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would only use a call like this if it also made the deer field dress themselves and loaded themselves up in the truck.
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

But then again I used to use a two part skunk scent which was useless and worse than foul smelling so I will try anything. I sure hope they still don't make that stuff.
They probably do.

Greg,
I sure wouldn't want to use it for hunting. Heck, then it wouldn't be hunting. It would be harvesting. That's one of the problems that I've always had with folks using the term "harvest" when applied to taking a deer. You harvest a crop. You know where it is.... All you have to do is go out and get it. That's "harvesting". I'd much rather "hunt" for the deer I kill.

Still, I'd like to use your magic call just once to see all of those deer in one spot.
Giant Nontypical

How far is ear shot?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting question. In a way, I do that already but only when I see a deer. Now not every deer comes to it already but I've had extremely good luck with calls. I certainly think I would own one and carry one but still only use it as a last resort when I know the deer isn't coming anyway. But again, I already have great success using existing calls. In the last 9 bucks I've killed, 7 came to my calls.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why only 20 yds I want them at 10 yds[:-]

Being I bought my first call this year in last10 years, and I have only used it to scare some Button bucks away, I would say no. Plus after every yahoo in MI buys one, after the first year it would drive every deer with in ear shot 200 yds away at least!!!!

The thing about "gimmick" product that works and makes it easier are quickly runied. Once the masses gets a hold of one, it's doomed IMO.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Funny question is.....if you had the only one....would you let your buddy borrow it....lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.