Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Mount Question Help

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Mount Question Help

Got a 8pt at the local taxidermythat Ideciced to get mounted we picked out of a catalog he had from mckenzie.we chose what is called Alert Sneak or Alert Semi sneak cant remember exactlybut anyways was wondering if anyone has got a mount done like this and has pictures or if you know were I can find some pictures I looked on the mckenzie and couldnt find any I just wanted to find some pics so I can look at it a little closer. Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Mount Question Help

Ask your taxi for the exact form and check it out on line at Mckenzie.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a few poses i dont know if they are mckenzies or not but it should give you a picture.
http://www.all-americantaxidermy.com/taxidermy_gallery.htm#whitetail
Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting my first mount done. Semi sneak head turned to the left. I wanna showcase the split G2 on the right side. Your taxidermist should have pics of previous mounts too.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The mckenzie forms are the best IMO. Its all I use and a couple others they have in their catalog. I would not go with ears alert if I were you. Personally i dont like the looks of alert ears on sneaks or semi sneaks. Those forms are more of a relaxed pose than an alert pose but to each his own I guess. I usually try and talkpeople into the ears back if they havent made up their mind already when they bring me a head cuz I think the deer looks more natural. The only form I do like with ears forward is the upright hard turn with ears forward.Semi sneak is prolly the most common form used and look great. Good luck. WCL
Old 12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

sandilands I am getting the head turned to the left to it's going right over the tv.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the semi-sneak as well. The alert is real old school with upright head and doesn't look as natural to me but is "classic". I would do semi sneak and chose left right based on which side of the rack you want to show off, location in room, other mounts already on the wall (who wants all the deer looking one direction?)
Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I think these both are semi-sneak.....but I don't know for sure. Just wanted 'em looking at each other, kinda.

"Together Again"

"Togther"

Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

im getting an alert left sneek
Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is being mounted like GMMAT's left deer, I got the Mckenzie semi-sneak also. I wouldnt suggest alert ears either, it kinda looks funny on a semi-sneak IMO, from what I was looking at that he had already done at the Taxi.

I got the ear kind of "back" Probably like GMMAT's Im not sure.

Quick Reply: Deer Mount Question Help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.