Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This Makes Me MAD!!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: This Makes Me MAD!!

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Hmmm Interesting way to spell ass hole.
I just learned a new trick!!

You will find issues almost in any hunting woods. poo happens.
I'd advise against it.
See Rob, I don't have a cool title so I can be sarcastic !
[8D]

Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like he has been given more respect than he deserves.
First of get them off the rd. Get to know the land and put the father and son on a spot where they will see deer and have a good chance for the boy to harverst/kill deer. Make sure it's not close to an access point that you will use. For yours and your GF's safety.
They have permission. They don't have the run of the land. Work with them and not against them, but be firm. Make sure it's OK with your GF's parents too. Take control now and you will have a honey hole in a few yrs.

Here's a scenario for you. I got permission on a piece of land this yr. The land owner allows 2 groups(small groups) in a yr. In the past it was a buddy of mine friom work and a local guy. My buddy has had problems with the local guy for yrs. Always asking to see written permission and telling him to get off the land and such. The local guy treated the land as his own even though he didn't own the property. Well this yr I got permission through his daughter b4 he did. When he asked for permision he was snubbed. Landowner didn't call him back. I met him one night and boy was he kissing BUTT. The landowner has never asked for lease fees b4....... now the local guy tells me its $100 a day to hunt....... for him.I talked to the landowner and told him the guy was nice to me...... he says the $100 a day still stands for him. Not for me. No leaase fee's nothing.
I communicate with the other guys on the land and I also help him and his family out. His daughter has never tried deer b4...... I started with sausage and then went to giving her a bag of meat with instructions on how I cook it. I gave her a strip of loin, top sirloin and a sirloin tip. When she said she liked it I told hewr she could have half of the next deer I shot...... shoulder cuts will take some time to get to you aas thats what I use for sausage. I'll throw the pork in and make them. I got a nice doe and gave her meat. I also told her that her shouldeer weighed 10lbs........ and she'd get 20lbs of sausage. She offered me money fopr the pork. I said you did me a favour now let me do one for you. PS I also straightened her garage.AND found a natural medicine for her father's joint pain. Plus I went out and cut up a bush chord of wood for his banker of 30yrs. I go out opf my way to help the landowner...... Its his land and I have been given the right to hunt his land........ it can be taken away just as fast.
Sorry for the long post[:-]
Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

And look Rob........... no filter skirting friom this guy
respect is what its all about.
Rob you should have left the post but deleted the profanity. Now it seems that I'm ranting to myself[X(]
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll bet 99.9% of the peoed people are from the north eastHELLO
Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

I'll bet 99.9% of the peoed people are from the north eastHELLO
Yeah, we got it rough....
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sandilands

And look Rob........... no filter skirting friom this guy
respect is what its all about.
Rob you should have left the post but deleted the profanity. Now it seems that I'm ranting to myself[X(]
Heys guys sorry about the profanity i wasnt trying to disrespect anybody, i didnt know what was aloud and what wasnt, so heres my apology, i didnt know.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now you do. If you haven't been banned. Don't worry bout it. Now lets see what we can can do for your hunting situation.
Make peace wiuth the guy and then work with him. Herlp the father son team out. But most of all get this guy to help you and your GF out. Its her folks land. Like I said. Make sure its OK with the landowner with you taking control....... I used to sell cars. Sell the in-laws the idea that you need a little control to get their daughter to take a deer. Once she dioes though the land will change.
Good luck. From your northern friend
PS...... sounds like you have a keeper. Don't puckit up.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sandilands

Now you do. If you haven't been banned. Don't worry bout it. Now lets see what we can can do for your hunting situation.
Make peace wiuth the guy and then work with him. Herlp the father son team out. But most of all get this guy to help you and your GF out. Its her folks land. Like I said. Make sure its OK with the landowner with you taking control....... I used to sell cars. Sell the in-laws the idea that you need a little control to get their daughter to take a deer. Once she dioes though the land will change.
Good luck. From your northern friend
PS...... sounds like you have a keeper. Don't puckit up.
Lol.... thanks sandi