Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Deer Do You Remember Most

Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Deer Do You Remember Most

This one

Old 12-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

I remember most my first two deer. Shot them in the same day with my .243 when I was 9. One was a brute of a doe and the other a little 3x4. However, right up there with them is of course, my first deer with a bow. It was a doe in North Carolina when I was 15. No feeling replaces sticking one with the ol' stick and string.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can remember every buck I've shot and the majority of does. My most memorable was my first deer (spike) with my father. My second would have to be my first deer (doe) with a bow. Then my biggest buck with a bow (this year)
Old 12-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

A spike I missed twice with a muzzleloader (several years ago)that bedded within 25yd of me, nothing left to shoot at him.....ida sharpeded a stick at that point and shot, but no powder either.............wouldnt leave for love nor money. I yelled, I whistled, I clapped,I threw things at him. Knew he wasnt hit, I could see him plain as day when he was standing before he bedded. Nothing. Finally climbed down, figure Id rambo him if he wasnt going to leave (not really, I was just frustrated and nothing left to shoot) and after all the commotion I made, soon as I got on the first step to come down, he snapped out of whatever day dream he was in, stood up, turned around, looked at me, blew, stomped, and left. I guess he was used to hearing people, housing development on 2 sides of me, and didnt realize I was RIGHT THERE.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have a couple that I remember very well. Typically the ones I remember the best have the best stories of how I got them. The hunt is what sticks out in my head, the kill was the happy ending (well for me anyways).
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

This one......

Jeff, what's all that funk on that deer?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Buck I shot about 10 years ago. I saw him at 7:00am bed down 100 yards away. Watched him all day only moved about 30 yards or so throughout the day. About an1 1/2 hoursbefore dark I decided if/when he gets up he's not heading my way. So I climbed down quietly and crawled up the hedgerow to get closer to him.I took my time barely moving. It took me about 30 -40 minutes to go80 yards or so. I got to a spot where I thoughtif/when he got up he'dhead my way. At this point I had no idea if I spooked him or if he was still even there.I buried myself in some briar and had one little shooting lane that wouldgive me a quartering away shot if he moved and headed towards the food plot. If he was still there I was only 50 yards away from him. After settling in I saw his rack stick up again from his bedding area. He had no clue I was there, the wind was perfect and I said to myself wow this might actually work. About 15 minutes before dark thirty I see him get up. I could barely see his body making his way through the swail. I lost him for a couple minutes and next thing I see was his head 8 yards from me in my shootin lane. I figured on look my way and the gig is up. He stood there for what seemed like 17 days. Finally he started walking again and exposed his vitals. I drew, shot, and double lunged him. He piled up 50 yards away. Just a little 8 pointer, but it was the coolest hunt I've ever had.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

VERY cool story, and great accomplishment NYBH!!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

My first bow kill deer. A doe taken from the ground at 7 yds. Without a blind.

Quick Reply: What Deer Do You Remember Most

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.