Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Deer Do You Remember Most

Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Deer Do You Remember Most

The deer I remember the most was a 140 class that chased a doe in on me, Bred her within Bow range and them ate acorns at 20 yards while buck fever had me rattling arrows.....The one that gives me nightmares now was one that I had Muzzleloader difficulties on 2 years ago....that deer was HUGE oh well.....
Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Tie between my first deer and my first deer with a bow years later.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

My first and my last. Actually I remember most all of them since I have all of their antlers mounted.
I like you have every one the big ones and the spikes,I have them all.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

After only nine years of hunting, I can remember each and every one I've every arrowed like it was yesterday. The most exciting for me was '07 from a make-shift ground blind at 20 yards. That was the most fun and made me feel I knew what I was doing. He wasn't the biggest, but a very memorable hunt.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM

This one....it was the biggest deer I have ever seen in the woods live and he came by me at 45 yds and i closed the deal Nov 22 1997. I will never forget the date, the woods, or the deer..

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Dominant Buck

This one......

Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one that got away. The one that had me shaking for the next 45min after the encounter. The one everyone I knew said I should've shot at.I realized after that that being on the ground and seeing a monsteris 2-3 fold the rushof being perched high above.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 1st deer (for obvious reason's) and my last deer (my biggest buck).
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are several for me. My first deer ever.

But probably the one I will never forget got away. It was probably 10 years ago and I was walking in to one of my stands. Half way there, I looked up to see the biggest buck of my life walking straight at me. I knelt down on the ground and tried to get an arrow nocked. At this point, he was all of 15 yards in front of me and still walking, head down, right at me. He then realized there was something on the trail and stared at me for what seemed like forever. I could do nothing but watch him stomp, spin and snort his way out of there. That buck, my best guess was a 170" animal will be in my dreams forever.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:19 PM

My first kill, bow at that, an 8 pt, hit him right in the femoral artery, run 10 yds. dead as a doornail. What I remember most was the blood, I think he lost all of it in 10 yds.

Quick Reply: What Deer Do You Remember Most

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.