Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got some bad news.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default got some bad news.

I went to the doctor today about my knee. He said it is one of three things. One there is fluid in my knee causing the pain. He said it looked like there was. But he stuck a three inch long needle in there and found very little fluid. HE said it could be the cartilage is torn again. If it is they will not just clean it up again but to remove all of the cartilage which i think means to replace it. I looked online last year when i had knee surgery that is just a delay of a total knee replacement. Or he said it could be arthritis. Then he said lets up it is just arthritis. Does not sound good when he is hoping for arthritis. HE gave me a cortisone shot and said if it does not help he will do another MRI.

SO were see as long as i am good to go for next season.

Kinda worries me to get a total knee replacement i know a few people that have had it done and it not work out. Plus my weight does not help
Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got some bad news.

Dude I hope it is just arthritis for ya!!

I hope this opens your eyes to really work hard at losing the weight you wanna lose. I am not the smallest guy by no means, but if I was having the same problems as you at our age my arse would be hittin the gym everyday!!!! I would put huntin on the backburner!!

Gd Luck man, hope it all comes together for ya!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tim your a good man, a new knee will do you just fine.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have a few surgeries on my knee also so I understand your concern. Dont worry if it means a replacement It will work out for you. I have had arthritis develop in my knee. I almost cant wait for another surgery so I can get it replaced but I have to wait a few years for that to happen. Anyway good luck to ya I hope it all works out.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there Tim hope the best for ya. just curious how old are ya?? I think knee replacements are very very last resort because im thinking they are only good for so long, 10 years seems to stick in my mind. I hope the best for ya bud. Is the weight loss still working out for you?? that one is the BEST thing you can do for it, get the stress off it.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Best wishes to ya, hopefully it is minor and you can keep sheeding the weight which should relieve the potential for future issues!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks man. hope its just arthritis
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully it's just arthritis but look at it this way if it isn't...a new knee plus all that weight you're losing, you'll be a brand new man!

Good luck buddy.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am 23 I did gain alittle back but with two thanksgivings i expected it.
ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Hang in there Tim hope the best for ya. just curious how old are ya?? I think knee replacements are very very last resort because im thinking they are only good for so long, 10 years seems to stick in my mind. I hope the best for ya bud. Is the weight loss still working out for you?? that one is the BEST thing you can do for it, get the stress off it.

Quick Reply: got some bad news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.