Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I lost weight and QUIETED down.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Banned

Default RE: I lost weight and QUIETED down.

Last night was my 1st night out the new UCR's. I am very happy. I wouldn't have been able to hunt out of this tree,, had I not had the extra 2 ft in length that they provided..$$ well spent..not to mention the 1 1/2 lbs in weight loss and no buckle clanking. I ordered LW versa buttons and installed them on my gorilla sticks. When I bought my Gorilla sticks 3 years ago I took a grinder to the rear of the V that contacts the tree so that they would pivot like the LW sticks. I didn't like the hooks that came on the gorillas so I installed the LW versa button. Greg MO, here is what I took my doe out of last night. I needed the 6 sticks to get above the limbs so that I had clear shots with no trimming. Check out the LW alpha..could you imagine hunting out of that tree without the self leveling feature that the LW provides?

LW and gorilla stick

My gorilla sticks V pivots with help of grinder..just like the LW now except a little longer

Fieldline has these packs ar Wally world for $19 and I liked the color and features so much, I just zip stripped it on the LW and I just leave it on permanently. VERY comfortable way to carry all of this.

Stand I took my last night doe out of..could you imagine not having a self leveling stand or using a climber in this tree?

The UCR's paid for themselves!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I couldn't imagine the time and safety measures it took to set up 6 sets of sticks and a lock on stand.

Great looking set, though.

We're extremely fortunate, here....in that straight, climb-able trees are the norm.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don that tree is out of control. How long did it take you to hang that set?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Don that tree is out of control. How long did it take you to hang that set?
This is actually very easy to do guys when you do it all of the time like I do. I use a linesmans belt and never take any unnecessary risks. 15-20 minutes to do the complete setup..from start to finish of sitting in my stand. Easy. Under 5 minutes to tear down.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hang sets in trees like that enough to agree it doesn't take nearly as long as it looks given you have a good harness and lineman's belt... and you need something like that for late-season hunting.

I may have to order some of those ropes for next year.