Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I lost weight and QUIETED down.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I lost weight and QUIETED down.

Don, do you find you can tighten the ropes around the tree as much as you could the straps when you had them?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting idea. No buckles is nice!

Shane
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ha Ha I have got alot of those request lately since posting that Ill tell him.
ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Lol..no, your kid is the da man...I will feed him and house him during the upcomingspring turkey season.he is amazing.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Don, do you find you can tighten the ropes around the tree as much as you could the straps when you had them?
I was thinking this may be an issue as well. Im sure they will be more than sufficient though.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Sure..they tighten with ease. Very high quality rope and it slides real easy when you are wanting it to. It locks immediately though with the slightest of pressure.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

chinese slip knot system exactly like the ones on my orginal Nontypical rapid rails, they work slick.. no buckles or straps and still to this day are my favorite ...it did take me a while to get used to using the slip knotswhile climbing a tree and hanging them..but once you get it down they work great
Old 12-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

$11.50 a rope and $6.00 s&h, lets see, that's $52.00 for for ropes. Nope, too expensive, besides, I just remove my ropes and carry them in a fanny pack and pull them out one at a time as I climb and hang. No noise for me
Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

$11.50 a rope and $6.00 s&h, lets see, that's $52.00 for for ropes. Nope, too expensive, besides, I just remove my ropes and carry them in a fanny pack and pull them out one at a time as I climb and hang. No noise for me
Yeh but you're just old and crotchetty. You'd never accept change. LOL
Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Soon myLWsticks are going to be silenced totally with rubberized spray on undercoating and I will have the quietest sticks in the lower 48.
Simms Vibration labs make some sort of rubber spray.

Here is a link to a thread I made about it.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst895_Simms-vibration-spray-paint.aspx
Old 12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

Thanks Scott. $18 a can is pretty steep. I have used rubber undercoating in a spray can on my Blazer's undercarriage and it wasn't expensive at all from my memory..and I got it at O'reilleys and some cans at Wally world. I will use the wally world/O reilleys stuff andspray some camo colors on them too. Odor won't be an issue once the product dries and ages. Lone wolf sticks have needed this done to their sticks for some time,,and I am tired of having metal on metal noise in the woods. BTW everyone..I used my new ropes today and I really am happy with them. Rick...You will never see a Uhaul behind a hearse.

Quick Reply: I lost weight and QUIETED down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.