Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A few interesting pics

Old 12-01-2008, 09:33 PM

Default RE: A few interesting pics

Be careful walkin around out there....I think some of the vietcong left some mines along your plots.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

If you eventually give in to my begging to come back out, and 1/2 rack is a 5pt side next season........... I'm shooting his ass.

Hey you forgot the sexy hunter your camera captured as well!
If you get any vacation at your new job, you're welcome back. And I'll save "Half Rack" for ya. Rob too.These pics were in the bottom you hunted the last night.

And you mean this guy.

Too bad that good looking guy had to wear every article of clothing he owns to stay alive..........he looks a little "bloated"

I'm definitely not too proud to have a taxidermist build me the matching side to a 160" 10pt.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

Have you looked at midday? Is this his "core" area? There is a possibility that he could be cursing during the midday (11-3) checkin' scrapes and hitting up some acorns...Those big boys can't lay up all day long. They gotta get some fast food and drink at some point. Ain't no better time than midday when your at home....or that's what he thinks.
I'll be out there this Thursday-Sunday and I just might sit all day a couple of times. This is my first sighting of this buck. Here is an aerial of my place. The pics were taken in the NE corner of my property.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 PM

I think this little flat looks good. Maybe they are crossing from field (long field to the left) to field (center field) using this funnel.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

I think this little flat looks good. Maybe they are crossing from field (long field to the left) to field (center field) using this funnel.

That is a very steep, large ravine that I have designated as my santuary. Very hard to hunt and the deer like to bed there.

Sometimes topos don't tell the whole story. You have to walk the property to see what is really there.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep... there's really nothing like it to sit in that ravine and feel the blast of air roaring down that ravine straight at you an hour before dark, and then realize that everything that's going to come in to bed in it is walking into the wind so they can check the whole "canyon" out as they walk into it...

Cool pics, John! Well... except those last couple.

[8D]
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM

Very true, the ravine is a bad idea.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

interesting photo's especially with all the three legged critters you have running around --- something must have a liking for hams
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

John, i had to laugh out loud about the one eyed Dog Thats good stuff right there That 6x5 is a dandy but look at how he has shed some body weight from the rut, wow!!He is definantly a shooter OH that Dog is really an OHIO Dog when you see that O under the tail, it means trade mark O= OHIO [8D]