Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

I will still be hunting but there is one thing I dislike about late season hunting. That is the doe's are carrying their embryos already. Killed one last year that was carrying a buck and a doe. Have the pic's but don't like posting them as others will complain about it. Never even saw a coyote. Non the less I will be out there in the cold of Jan.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got till January 1st before I eat buck tag soup. I'll be at it every chance I get.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

Good luck. I think a lot of guys quit when it becomes coat weather.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Some people do more than just hunt. In my area it is time to start ice fishing and some snowmobile riding.

I have been bowhunting since Aug 29th...i am pretty well burned out. I might go out a time or two around christmas time before the season ends.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree. Most of these guys wouldn't make It half way through the rut In Minnesota, she gets nippy here quick!!

Good point also Cooter, Ice fishing Is a blast and I'll be doing a good share of that come January through April.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I don't get it. Threads about now that season is over what did you learn, well, now that my season is over,etc etc etc. What,No doe tags? No coyotes to hunt? No squirrels, rabbits? Is whitetail season it for you guys? Gun season opens up and you all quit cause the orange army ruins it once archery reopens? I feel sad for you guys that hang up the bows just when season is beginning. Oh well, I guess if you want to sit around in your recliners and get fat..more power to yaAs for me, I am bowhunting till the fat lady sings and season is closed. Heck, sparrows, starlings, and coyotes are open year around.
I normally would agree with you on this. I have always thought some of the best hunting here in Illinois was late season. I love sitting on food plots on a cold December day. However, my season is OVER! Not only am I bucked out (only allowed two in Illinois), but the freezer is PACKED with the 7 does and 2 bucks, but my third child is due any day. In fact, my wife just called and said she thought she was having some mild contractions. Oh well, 3D starts in Feb!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I don't get it. Threads about now that season is over what did you learn, well, now that my season is over,etc etc etc. What,No doe tags? No coyotes to hunt? No squirrels, rabbits? Is whitetail season it for you guys? Gun season opens up and you all quit cause the orange army ruins it once archery reopens? I feel sad for you guys that hang up the bows just when season is beginning. Oh well, I guess if you want to sit around in your recliners and get fat..more power to yaAs for me, I am bowhunting till the fat lady sings and season is closed. Heck, sparrows, starlings, and coyotes are open year around.
I normally would agree with you on this. I have always thought some of the best hunting here in Illinois was late season. I love sitting on food plots on a cold December day. However, my season is OVER! Not only am I bucked out (only allowed two in Illinois), but the freezer is PACKED with the 7 does and 2 bucks, but my third child is due any day. In fact, my wife just called and said she thought she was having some mild contractions. Oh well, 3D starts in Feb!!!!
That's one hell of a year you had, congratulation's!! I wish you all the best with the little one, hope everything goes smooth!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Season over, naw.

I have a MN buck tag left, and have another month to fill it. I also have a lot of doe tags.

I shot three yotes on sunday.

Almost time to get my trap line going.

Hitting the ice, this coming weekend.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I agree. Most of these guys wouldn't make It half way through the rut In Minnesota, she gets nippy here quick!!

Good point also Cooter, Ice fishing Is a blast and I'll be doing a good share of that come January through April.
Your right Schultzy...most of the guys on this Forum probably don't know what it feels like to hunt in truly cold weather. It was 5 degrees and breezy out when I killed my last bow buck around Thanksgiving time...CHILLY!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

That's quite a season and congrats on the new expected child. You are free to call bowhunting quits for the season in my eyes.

Quick Reply: What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.