Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best affordable climber stand

Old 11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best affordable climber stand

Just wanted to ask you guys what a good affordable also comfortable climber stand would be. The family needs birthday(dec. 23 [:@]) and christmas ideas and I don't currently have a stand so I thought a climber would be a good idea. Also what is a good ground blind thats good for archery and isn't terribly expensive. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 AM

Default RE: Best affordable climber stand

Define affordable
Old 11-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

sams club has a really nice blind ata good price for about 115 dollars. its 3-d and its extremely roomy!! i want to get one myself or a cheap climber just like yourself
Old 11-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt a lot of public land so a good stand is a must. It must be very easy to pack, light weight, quite, and sturdy. I have built up a decent collection of climbers over the years, but will probably be selling all of them since I have bought what is IMO the perfect climber. The Equalizer EQ24 is hands down the best climber I've ever used. It is the most packable, easiest to set up, quitest, and easiest to use. You will never be able to fully appreciatethe ability to adjust the climber while you are in the tree until you own one of these stands. It has PLENTY of room and is rated at 350lbs. The platform is very nice and roomy also which is great since all I do is bow hunt. The "system" that it uses to lock the two pieces together is the best on the market. Once locked in place the stand isn't going anywhere. You can tell that this stand was built by hunters not a lab coat guy.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

joemr,

Although I have had no personal experience with them, the Gorilla climberis priced at about 135.00 in Sportsmans Guide. It folds flat for backpacking, which for me is a big issue with most climbers, and doesn't appear to be too heavy. I think unless you can find a climber at Wally-World on clearance, you will have a hard time beating that price. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

awesome thanks for the info guys, and (StrutNtom) thanks for letting me know about that climber but its a little on the pricy side for me. Any other climbers that are good and under like $175 would be great. Ground blinds under like $150 would be great as well. Thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You get what you pay for and pay for what you get.

Cheap climbers are just that - cheap. Why risk safety? Cheap climbers are generally made of steel and are heavy.

Buy a Summit Viper SS new for about $250 - $270. You'll never be sorry. Watch Ebay for someone selling a used one. Make sure it is made of aluminum.

Bob R.