Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf climber users, a ?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default Lone Wolf climber users, a ?

Just got my Lone Wolf climber today, got a decent deal on a used one......3rd one I've owned. After 1 1/2 seasons without a climber I sorely missed one. Plus I am ordering that Ol Man type seat made to fit the Lone Wolf, never was a fan of backrests plus the extra bulk while climbing. Anyways, I've never used the LW with the XL belts. My question: are the XL belts worth it, how much of a bigger tree can they be used on than the standard belts?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf climber users, a ?

Coug....I thought about....but decided not to order the XL belts. I was told they wouldn't fit on smaller trees (makes sense). So...I decided against it.

Did you get the smaller belts, too (your post is unclear if you got a stand with the XL belts or you're thinking about ordering them)?

There are very few trees I can get in with my Summit that I can't get in with my LW.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Did you get the smaller belts, too (your post is unclear if you got a stand with the XL belts or you're thinking about ordering them)?
Yes it has the standard belts. I really never had any problems before with them but was just wondering if the XL belts were worth it. Sounds like you answered my question.

Also has the older flatter tooth cams, like my past ones. Going to replace them with the newer, easier to use cams.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

They claim 19" diameter treeswith the standards and 22" diameterwith the XL's.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

They claim 19" diameter trees with the standards and 22" diameter with the XL's.
Hmm, 3 inches. Think I'll stick to the standard belts.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the XL belts on mine and they seem to accomodate a pretty big tree.........it "feels" like more than an extra 3" anyway.

Oh and you can make the XL belts (or the regular ones for that matter) go down to fit even the smallest diameter tree with a slight modification to the factory build.
GReg figured it out this season because he wanted to climb a tree in a fencerow about the diameter of a Lollipop stick and couldn't. LOL

He got to looking at what was keeping the platform belt from going all the way down and through like the climber section (hand climber) and figured out if you reversed the nut/bolt set up they use to clean up the lines of the stand it opens the channel to allow the belt to travel all the way through rather than stop when the ends hit the bolt.

I haven't gotten around to doing that to mine as I don't have much desire to climb teeny tiny trees, but Greg got a kick out of solving the problem and there isn't a small tree he can't climb now.........I know I'm gonna find him sideways bent over in a sapling one day.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just watched the user video instructions on the Lone Wolf site and I have a question. Do the angle adjustment thingamajiggers make any noise when setting the stand up?

Sorry, not trying to hijack.

LT
Old 11-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Dominant Buck

LT...

If you're talking about the parts that "slide" up to lock the platforms at an angle.....I suppose they "could". I keep my upper (seat portion) locked in the climbing position all the time (even packit in and out that way). I don't know a reason to break it down. With the lower platform....I just take my time. Takes abouta fewseconds, tops, to do it quietly.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I have the XL belts on mine and they seem to accomodate a pretty big tree.........it "feels" like more than an extra 3" anyway.

Oh and you can make the XL belts (or the regular ones for that matter) go down to fit even the smallest diameter tree with a slight modification to the factory build.
GReg figured it out this season because he wanted to climb a tree in a fencerow about the diameter of a Lollipop stick and couldn't. LOL

He got to looking at what was keeping the platform belt from going all the way down and through like the climber section (hand climber) and figured out if you reversed the nut/bolt set up they use to clean up the lines of the stand it opens the channel to allow the belt to travel all the way through rather than stop when the ends hit the bolt.

I haven't gotten around to doing that to mine as I don't have much desire to climb teeny tiny trees, but Greg got a kick out of solving the problem and there isn't a small tree he can't climb now.........I know I'm gonna find him sideways bent over in a sapling one day.
I did that to my stand a couple months ago as well. I went to the hardware store and bought "pancake" head bolts to replace the ones that came on the stand.They are much flatter and allow the tractions belts to slide past them easier with out bumping into the head of the bolt and hanging up while you are feeding the belts thru the tube.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

A couple times this year i had to start climbing with the "arrows" showing but oncei got a couple feet off the ground i would always slide the belts in farther. I cant imagine being up a tree bigger than those ones. I'm sticking with the standard belts. Anyone have any trouble with nuts and screws coming loose on theirs?

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf climber users, a ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.