Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf climber users, a ?

Old 11-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Lone Wolf climber users, a ?

He got to looking at what was keeping the platform belt from going all the way down and through like the climber section (hand climber) and figured out if you reversed the nut/bolt set up they use to clean up the lines of the stand it opens the channel to allow the belt to travel all the way through rather than stop when the ends hit the bolt.
Good idea if using the XL belts. And Mat, I am totally shocked at hearing of you using something other than a Summit.......

Anyone have any trouble with nuts and screws coming loose on theirs?
I never have. I bought this stand used(its about 4-5 yrs old.) and am going to replace the cams and traction belts. Putting that net seat on it(has the old sling type seat), and doing a thorough check. Before its over with I should have probably just ordered a new one.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Coug....

Please do a review of that seat. I might get another climber next year (one for short sits and one for longer sits). I'd like to hear what you think of it (for either).
Old 11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I will Jeff if I ever get it ordered. Just went to the company website that makes them and they won't be back until December 6th due to hunting.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and you can make the XL belts (or the regular ones for that matter) go down to fit even the smallest diameter tree with a slight modification to the factory build.
GReg figured it out this season because he wanted to climb a tree in a fencerow about the diameter of a Lollipop stick and couldn't. LOL

He got to looking at what was keeping the platform belt from going all the way down and through like the climber section (hand climber) and figured out if you reversed the nut/bolt set up they use to clean up the lines of the stand it opens the channel to allow the belt to travel all the way through rather than stop when the ends hit the bolt.

I haven't gotten around to doing that to mine as I don't have much desire to climb teeny tiny trees, but Greg got a kick out of solving the problem and there isn't a small tree he can't climb now.........I know I'm gonna find him sideways bent over in a sapling one day.
That I did! And, hey, I figured that's what they gave us level bubbles for on our sights! [8D]