Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you often wonder???

Old 11-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you often wonder???

When I was in competitive powerlifting I got the same kinds of blood pumping rush that I get from hunting.

It's crunch time, you've been lifting all day, time for your 3rd deadlift, an AAU national record, they tell you the bar is loaded, time to step up and put it all on the line. You are either to to do it or fail in front of a large crowd. Trust me, it's a huge rush .

So, that's what those other guys do, stuff that gives them the rush they are looking for - mountain climbing, sky diving, scuba diving, the list is long.

Our world is hunting but it's not the only world .
Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Landon...You and I are on the same page. I wonder the same thing.

However, in the last 2 years I've brought a few buddies from work into hunting. They love it! And they've actually grown to love the outdoors... and not just the moment of truth. Which I respect them for.

I think instinctivly men have it in their blood stream. We were born to be providers. To go out and search for food... Now I sound like a history book

On the flip side...my buddies that do not get hooked on hunting usually drool over football, fast cars, golf & Texas Hold'em....Well...I love Hold'em too.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, I could care less why anyone DOESN’T hunt. Less crowded woods as far as I am concerned. Not everyone is meant to hunt. Not counting my friends here, I have many more friends who don’t hunt than do. They have other passions and interests, so who cares if hunting isn’t one of them. The only thing I have wondered about is people who have no passion for ANY recreational activity. That I don’t understand??? Those not into sports, the outdoors, computers, gardening, stamp collecting, cars, their job, anything. Why bother to wake up in the morning?

Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 AM

rybo I don't care that they don't hunt...Im not downing them for that, Im just wanting to know if they ever know what they are missing.?? or I guess what gets them pumped....I used to be a powerlifter/bodybuilder back in the day, and I know that 380 lbs above your head on the bench will get you jacked up!! But I also hunted then as well...Im just talking about the guys I know here at school that watch football all weekend and never have stepped in the woods...can they get the same rush from that...I watch football too, but it does not give me a rush... no wrong answer here guys, Im just wanting to know how they feel, I have asked them, and they say they don't really understand what I do..
Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, I catch myself talking to people I have just met as if they should know that the first two weeks of November are holy and max 4 isn't the name of my pet. It's real hard for me to imagine a life without hunting as I prett much live it 365 with food plots, trail cameras,and any excuse to get to the cabin. BUT, it is out there, life outside of hunting. They tell me people even enjoy it. I hope I never have to try.[8D]
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 AM

That's awesome Ben!!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

I have had many things get my blood moving, hunting just in the last couple of years has become an obsession.When I was younger I lived and breathed hockey, in my 20's it was golf. Now I am in my thirties and it is hunting., I have onlyplayed golf once each of the last two years. I have only been on the ice once in the last year and I don't really miss it. Some of my teammates from college always ask me if I miss being on the ice and I don't. So it is easy for meto see why other people could care less for hunting.

I know everyone enjoys their family, but I dont know how anyone can get that much enjoyment out of hanging out with my mother as much as he does![&:][8D]
that is funny right their
Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Banned

Yea, I couldn't imagine not bowhunting. How people that don't bowhunt keep their sanity is one of lifes unsolved mysteries to me.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:36 AM

It is a good thing I have never done drugs....I must have an addictive personality!! I have been hunting for 20 yrs and I seem to be more obssesed every year.